Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #1

Wiring and Alarm Elimination

So I have converted my 97 Boxster to Electric, and now the challenge is to change
the car wiring to adjust for this lack of an engine. I also need to change the guages so rpm is the electric motor rpm, etc.

I could really use the wiring diagram for this car.
A search shows mostly no responses to questions about it, and one or two links to sites that don't exists, and one saying it requires thousands of dollars to access the Porsche software. Is that really the case?

I have no ECM, and want to just eliminate the immobilizer box, which I understand also contains the lock controls. I plan to eliminate those.
The racing cars surely don't need this stuff also, a search showed some wiring reductions, but no details.

All I really need is a wiring diagram and I'll figure it out!

nimblemotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #2

If you eliminate the CLU you wont have control over the electric windows, soft top or door locks as well as the alarm and the immobilizer.
Racecars dont have any of those components that's why they can eliminate the CLU.
You'll have to create a hybrid system to be able to keep those features.
Try the Bentley Manual. They have most of the wiring schematics there.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemotorsports View Post
So I have converted my 97 Boxster to Electric, and now the challenge is to change
the car wiring to adjust for this lack of an engine. I also need to change the guages so rpm is the electric motor rpm, etc.

I could really use the wiring diagram for this car.
A search shows mostly no responses to questions about it, and one or two links to sites that don't exists, and one saying it requires thousands of dollars to access the Porsche software. Is that really the case?

I have no ECM, and want to just eliminate the immobilizer box, which I understand also contains the lock controls. I plan to eliminate those.
The racing cars surely don't need this stuff also, a search showed some wiring reductions, but no details.

All I really need is a wiring diagram and I'll figure it out!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #3

Thanks Pedro,

I would just replace the CLU with my own electronics if needed,
the idea would be to make the windows just work directly like most cars,
and the top too, and just use the keys to lock/unlock the car.
I like simple.

I did find the wiring diagrams online for the next guy who does a search
and comes up empty from no replies..

http://www.wolfetone.com/carstuff/boxster/986%20Group%209%20Circuit%20Diagrams%20To%2099.pdf

nimblemotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote