Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #1

Drove a 2014 Carrera S the other day

Just thought I'd share my experience.

The CFO of my company let me take his '14 911 S for a drive down to Atlantic City for the annual event.

Black on Black 911 S 7 Speed Manual $100K probably the coolest thing I've ever driven so far. The car is a true rear engine and would definitely not be as forgiving as our boxsters. Coolest thing about it (besides the electronic e brake, 5 gauge cluster with full color map and 7th gear lockout) was that the car would restart its self automatically after you stall. Well that and the beautiful notes of the engine.

I stretched out a couple of gears but between the bumper to bumper traffic and heavy rain. Couldn't do much. I got in the very low triple digits and it was like silk on the road. Top speed is 190...

Hope you get to enjoy an experience like this one day soon! Can't wait to get my own
dbansal is offline   Reply With Quote