986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   taking my 99 box to a car show (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/52660-taking-my-99-box-car-show.html)

jdlmodelt 06-09-2014 06:05 PM

taking my 99 box to a car show

Is it stupid for m?e to take my very clean 99 box to a car show? I plan to take it to a local car show this coming Father's Day weekend for the fun of it.

steved0x 06-09-2014 06:15 PM

I don't think so, you should go for it! I bet there are a lot of folks that would love to see it.

Steve

jdlmodelt 06-09-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 404972)
I don't think so, you should go for it! I bet there are a lot of folks that would love to see it.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I was thinking of having the front and rear trunks open along with the engine access? People love seeing the mid mounted engine don't they?
j

linderpat 06-10-2014 01:56 AM

I take mine to local car shows all the time. It is a genuine sports car and looks great, and people enjoy seeing it up close.

BruceH 06-10-2014 08:34 AM

Not at all! True car people enjoy seeing everything, at least I do! People will be shocked at the age of your car:cheers:

steved0x 06-10-2014 09:21 AM

I would leave everything closed, I think it looks better that way. Then if anyone asks you can open it up and amaze them with the amount of storage space. I don't know if I would access the engine or not. But that is probably because I am just lazy :)

silver-S 06-10-2014 09:24 AM

Have you detailed your engine? I hate to think what mine looks like by now.

But, yeah, it's a freakin Porsche, so it's cool and it's interesting. Put the top down and grin real big.

Mark_T 06-10-2014 10:05 AM

Definitely take it. I've taken my 99 to a few car shows, usually as part of a PCA display. I'd leave it closed and maybe open up the engine compartment a few times throughout the day, just so peeps can see how much freakin' trouble it is to "pop the hood" on one of these things.

TeamOxford 06-10-2014 10:51 AM

I would most certainly bring the car to display. I'd also leave the trunks closed, and the top up, unless there are flaws in the canvas.

Pay attention to the small details, such as no visible white wax marks on bodywork seams, make sure the wheels and calipers are clean. Wash the wheel wells and coat them with a protectorant or Meguair's Back to Black.

Claybar your windshield. Dress your wheels. Treat your leather and leave the windows down.

Clear a spot on your book shelf for your trophy! :)

TO

p.s. Post some pics of the event.

Dragonwind 06-10-2014 06:47 PM

I bring mine to all kinds of car shows! It makes a nice change from all the muscle.
Chris

jdlmodelt 06-10-2014 08:05 PM

Thanks! I'll follow the advice from everyone. I'll clean and detail Friday and be ready for the show on Saturday. I didn't have enough time to get my 21 Ford Model T speedster ready this year anyway. :)

Jinx 06-11-2014 03:53 AM

To show or not to show

Definitely GO. Clean it up. And let others enjoy it.
I go to a meet every other Saturday in the Pittsburgh
Area. The group is Cars & Coffee. All kinds of cars.
We love to eat and We enjoy food.
Life is good. Good food, a coffee, and just enjoying
A slow walk around the parking lot enjoying other
People's cars.

Jinx and Bill

SeanZ4 06-11-2014 05:32 AM

I've had my '00S in three different ones. Won first place one year in the German car class. They're great fun and you'll be glad you went!