986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Hardtop useage in Summer (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/52537-hardtop-useage-summer.html)

Porsche9 06-03-2014 10:07 PM

Hardtop useage in Summer

Bought my hardtop earlier this year for use in Summer. With us hitting a record 110 (not a typo) on Monday it was sure nice to have the top on with the rear window being tinted. Anyone else use there hardtop in Summer?

rp17 06-04-2014 02:50 PM

Wow 110 already? Thought Texas was bad but it hasnt heated up to triple digits yet but its coming. Smart move on the hard top since you will not be using it for a while.

Joe B 06-04-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp17 (Post 404034)
Smart move on the hard top since you will not be using it for a while.

Uh, I think he said he is using it now :confused:. Here in Wyoming, it's finally hard top off weather. For all you AZ, CA and FL winter warmth gloaters, it's now getting up to 70s and 80s here in J. Hole ;). Perfect convertible weather.

Ian c 06-04-2014 03:41 PM

I have found one for $550 .

No brainier .

Save the money for gas :D

I LOVE the SoCal weather !!!

1rooster 06-04-2014 03:58 PM

Took mine off when the temperature got up to 50. It will stay off till the temp drops back down to 50.:chicken:

Jamesp 06-04-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe B (Post 404035)
Uh, I think he said he is using it now :confused:. Here in Wyoming, it's finally hard top off weather. For all you AZ, CA and FL winter warmth gloaters, it's now getting up to 70s and 80s here in J. Hole ;). Perfect convertible weather.

And you have the mountains! It's worth driving to Jackson Hole just to drive there!

rp17 06-04-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Oops looked at that again.... I meant since he won't be dropping the top for a while since its that hot already.

BFeller 06-04-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

So I guess ski season is over? I go to SLC to ski every year with Jackson Hole (not to ski Colbert's Coulier) being on my bucket list. I say that sitting here in a Alta T Shirt.

Joe B 06-04-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFeller (Post 404084)
So I guess ski season is over? I go to SLC to ski every year with Jackson Hole (not to ski Colbert's Coulier) being on my bucket list. I say that sitting here in a Alta T Shirt.

In Jackson Hole our lift skiing closes in April, but there's still plenty of snow in the mountains for those willing to carry their skis up. I actually skied on Mount Hood near Portland OR. today. I'm in Portland helping with my new triplet grandkids. Had to get away for some snow therapy. Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood is the only ski area in the US open 12 months of the year :dance:!

Porsche9 06-04-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp17 (Post 404034)
Wow 110 already? Thought Texas was bad but it hasnt heated up to triple digits yet but its coming. Smart move on the hard top since you will not be using it for a while.

Yeah it early this year and not likely to last but honestly anything above 85 in the desert during the day isn't too much fun since the sun is so intense.