986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone here ever flush their coolant? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/52535-anyone-here-ever-flush-their-coolant.html)

Ckrikos 06-03-2014 07:43 PM

Anyone here ever flush their coolant?

I just purchased some aftermarket all aluminum radiators for my TT via a group buy (because I noticed some light weeping on my center and driver side radiators while cleaning them) and am considering installing them myself. I am considering getting the uview 55000 vacuum to refill the system. I typically would take my car to an indie, but no matter which one I go to I always get the feeling my car has been abused in some way after picking it up. I felt that way with my boxster and don't want to really subject the TT to it.

Has anyone ever done this how difficult is it to do? Both radiators and flushing? I realize they are different cars, but they aren't that different.

radiators

BruceH 06-03-2014 09:07 PM

I actually am close to purchasing this system to do my 986 and my Tundra. Both could use new coolant and from what I have read, it should be within my capabilities:rolleyes: Amazon has it for a pretty good price, I just have too many other things to do right now before I can get to it.

nieuwhzn 06-07-2014 11:34 PM

I think the uview 55000 works on shop air? Venturi vacuum system?

Does anyone knows if you can just buy the system without the venturi? I have access to vacuum pumps so I don't need to use shop air to draw a vacuum.

Ckrikos 06-08-2014 05:28 AM

I thought it worked with a basic compressor.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

kjc2050 06-08-2014 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieuwhzn (Post 404615)
I think the uview 55000 works on shop air? Venturi vacuum system?

Does anyone knows if you can just buy the system without the venturi? I have access to vacuum pumps so I don't need to use shop air to draw a vacuum.

Yes, it works on shop air/an air compressor. I've never seen the system for sale w/o the venturi.

steved0x 06-08-2014 01:52 PM

Ecstuning now has their version of it for sale for a little cheaper. I have the uview and used it to flush the coolant on my Tacoma. The hardest part was draining all the old coolant. I was never sure so I ran the truck until the thermostat opened, and then drained the radiator while I poured in a continuous flow of distilled water, until it came out mostly clear. Then I used the uview to refill it. No air and no problems since.

Kenny Boxster 06-08-2014 03:05 PM

Sort of- yes. When my radiator cracked I drained all the coolant, replaced the radiator and then refilled with new coolant. Bled the coolant manually, no qualms. I think Bruce told me a link to an air purge system that requires an air compressor which gets rid of air locks.

jmatta 06-08-2014 07:47 PM

I drained mine when I installed the LN low temp t-stat. Refilled with factory coolant and drove for three days with the purge valve open, topping when necessary. When coolant level stabilized, shut valve and was done. No issues...:dance:

Slate 01 06-08-2014 08:30 PM

Anyone ever flush their coolant?

Isn't that a euphemism for having sex? Well if it wasn't before, it should be one now:D