Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #81

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
Im sure theyre the pride of the neighborhood.

Ive had it happen to me. So yeah we disagree. A cat can easily scratch paint, especially with dirty paws.

I own a cat too, have for many years. But heres the catch: MY cat has never trespassed or dug up someones flowerbed. He has never left a coiled pile on the lawn for the next time someone mows, or chased off wildlife by hunting game. Why? Because I am an urban dweller who posses the intelligence and maturity to keep my cat indoors! It is owners (and those who support them) who are "cruel and stupid" for letting their animals roam free and violate other's rights. Want an outdoor cat? Buy yourself a plot of land where I wont catch your cat on my Porsche. Cause otherwise, if Im your neighbor, your cat violating my rights makes him free game sir. I dont have the time to trap and take him to the pound but you can consider yourself lucky I dont do so.
Wow, don't really fit the mindset of most Portlanders do you? I also try to keep the cat inside for various reasons, but if he got out and someone did something to him for crapping in their yard or climbing on their car, they would have far more to worry about than crap in their yard or dirty footprints on their car, if you get my drift.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #82

Get one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SGC75S/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000NR8Q1U&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=026GZATC6JSKNXEVYBGG
Old 06-05-2014, 04:07 AM   #83
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
You are crazy too.
How about I put that same contraption on your seat and zap you
If I was walking into your back yard and taking what I wanted, and crapping in your flower beds, you would certainly not be out of line....
Old 06-05-2014, 04:10 AM   #84
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebell914 View Post
Wow, you really think the cat will damage your car? You apparently have never had a cat.
How about you keep your cat off my car and out of my yard and we go from there. Doesn't matter what I think or what pets I've owned.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #85
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
First of all, I have dogs and cats

The is no way in hell a cats claws will scratch the paint on your car, they simply are not hard enough
And yes, I have had one of my cats climb on my car after I have washed it. No big deal. Bird poop is far worse. Just use a quick spurt of detailer and any paw prints are gone.
In fact, the prints you leave from touching or leaning on the car are far worse. You leave oils and other things from your skin that are in fact corrosive to the paint

Shooting a cat is just plain cruel and stupid. You don't deserve to own a Porsche.
How about I shoot your dumb ass with BB gun or zap you with an ignition coils and see how you like it .
I use low power BB gun.

Keep your stupid cat off other peoples property.

Don't deserve to own a Porsche? What grade are you in? It's about income. And wanting to keep their things nice, not about your cat walking on my Porsche. If I'm digging or crapping in your yard, shoot away.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #86
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Chase off wildlife? I have never heard of a house cat hunting wild game! A mouse or rat maybe, even a bird, but wild game, that almost funny. What wildlife do you have Urban Dweller?

If you have a cat, then you would know that cats don't leave a coiled pile on a lawn, they bury their poop

If you did in fact posses intelligence or any maturity, you would NEVER propose harming someone pet.

If it was your neighbors kid that dared "trespass" would you advocate shooting or shocking them?

you better be careful or karma will cause some raw eggs to land on your car (probably from the neighbor whose cat you injured or killed), hopefully when you are away for a few days and it can then really eat into the paint.

BTW, intentionally causing harm to a animal is a crime and a felony in some states

I am confused, I thought Portland had good caring people, obviously I was wrong
Yes, cats chase off my birds I feed.

Yes, cats stalk my chickens.

Yes, cats don't leave it on the lawn. They dig up your flower beds.

Outdoor cats and their careless owners suck. If I don't want it on my property, why is it all my bad??
Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #87
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate50 View Post
Wow, don't really fit the mindset of most Portlanders do you? I also try to keep the cat inside for various reasons, but if he got out and someone did something to him for crapping in their yard or climbing on their car, they would have far more to worry about than crap in their yard or dirty footprints on their car, if you get my drift.
If your cat ends up in my yard, and those things happen, I would not worry about you. It would just be gone....or would not come back to my yard.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:22 AM   #88
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Yeah, can't say I have a major issue with cats.

When I visit my parents, their outdoor cats (which they "inherited" from the previous neighbors) like to sit on the roof of my Boxster. No damage, just fur - lint roll it right off. They also like to sit on my dad's 911 (but not my E320). He uses a car cover on it which is scented with vinegar, and as far as I'm aware there isn't much of an issue now (though they do like to claw on the cover corners).

Then again, our Porsches (except for my mom's 987) aren't garage queens so neither of us are particularly bothered that much over it.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Old 06-05-2014, 05:55 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Aluminum foil placed on the roof, also any mouse traps you may have.
This , or a car cover should do the trick.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #90

Garage
Best way to get the cat fur off the top? Lint roller?
2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Old 06-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #91

Quote:
I own a cat too, have for many years. But heres the catch: MY cat has never trespassed or dug up someones flowerbed. He has never left a coiled pile on the lawn for the next time someone mows, or chased off wildlife by hunting game. Why? Because I am an urban dweller who posses the intelligence and maturity to keep my cat indoors! It is owners (and those who support them) who are "cruel and stupid" for letting their animals roam free and violate other's rights. Want an outdoor cat? Buy yourself a plot of land where I wont catch your cat on my Porsche. Cause otherwise, if Im your neighbor, your cat violating my rights makes him free game sir. I dont have the time to trap and take him to the pound but you can consider yourself lucky I dont do so.
The DNA of a cat is not to be tied down to the four walls of a man-made structure. It's DNA is to go outside and hunt for prey, just like its big cousins the tiger, panther, mountain lion, cheetah,etc.
Keeping a cat indoors its whole life makes about as much sense as putting a 25,000 pound killer whale in a swimming pool. Or a bald eagle in cage. At least let these animals some free time in actual nature. It's not their fault that mankind decided that they should be kept indoors for man's personal amusement!

Secondly, cats and birds and possums and squirrels were part of the suburban landscape before you ever arrived with your award-winning flower bed. You knew that going in. Most likely there are no laws that indicate that you have the right to live in a suburban setting free of the aforementioned creatures, so I'm not sure how you discern that your rights are being violated. And I'm sure there aren't any laws that say cat owners can't let their cats outside or that they must be on a leash like with dogs. Are you going to take a sling shot to all the birds that poop from overhead for deliberately violating your right to a shiny Porsche? Seems like a big stretch to mention 'rights' in this context. If you want to hermetically separate your man-made Porsche from the natural enviorment of a suburb, then the best course of action would be to park in a garage. Sounds better than your suggestion of using a pellet gun, certainly involves less pain and drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate50 View Post
I have a neighbohr that walks his cat on a leash just like a dog. This person must have the patience of Job to pulled off that training.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-05-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
And I'm sure there aren't any laws that say cat owners can't let their cats outside or that they must be on a leash like with dogs.
Actually, in this city, that is the law. Cats are not allowed to run loose. If you have problem cats (problem owners actually) in your area you can borrow a live trap from animal control, trap the cat, and turn it in. The owner then has to pay big bucks to get his damn cat back.

Where this becomes an issue is that the animal control office is about a 40 minute drive for me, whereas the river is only a couple of blocks away. I wouldn't make that 40 minute drive twice for the same cat.

It's interesting that, since the implementation of the cat law, the inner-city bunny population has increased dramatically. Personally, I'd rather have the bunnies. Bunnies don't crap in my grandkid's sandbox.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #93

Garage
Note to self: Don't ask about what oil brand, what tire, what to do with sleeping cats.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Actually, in this city, that is the law. Cats are not allowed to run loose. If you have problem cats (problem owners actually) in your area you can borrow a live trap from animal control, trap the cat, and turn it in. The owner then has to pay big bucks to get his damn cat back.

Where this becomes an issue is that the animal control office is about a 40 minute drive for me, whereas the river is only a couple of blocks away. I wouldn't make that 40 minute drive twice for the same cat.

It's interesting that, since the implementation of the cat law, the inner-city bunny population has increased dramatically. Personally, I'd rather have the bunnies. Bunnies don't crap in my grandkid's sandbox.
drowning a domesticated cat? That's some bad karma right there.

Cat haters have a city they can all happily live in it seems. Probably too cold for most, damn.

Bunnies? I've eaten them a few times at some very authentic Italian eateries. Tastes like chicken.
I have a friend from West Africa who was a big game hunter, he's eaten dog many a time.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-05-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #95
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post

So rabbits, muskrats, racoons, foxes, woodchucks, squirrels, skunks, beavers, and deer as well as bear, coyote, and moose can roam free, but cats are a problem?

Rabbit poop all over the place and eat garden vegetation as well as carry disease, they are OK, but a cat isn't.
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #96
Custom User Title Here

Garage
This thread has gotten way out of hand...

Last edited by particlewave; 06-05-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #97

Garage
Quote:
Ill try to remember that the next time a cat is trespassing on MY (fenced in) property...not!!!! If shooing worked (or pet owners were actually responsible for their pets) we wouldnt have this problem, now would we?
Exactly! A man's house & property is his castle! If you don't like what he is doing there you & your's return to your castle.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #98
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Yes, cats chase off my birds I feed.

Yes, cats stalk my chickens.

Yes, cats don't leave it on the lawn. They dig up your flower beds.

Outdoor cats and their careless owners suck. If I don't want it on my property, why is it all my bad??
You don't have a problem with the birds pooping on the paint and top? I don't hear anyone advocating shooting, trapping or otherwise messing with birds.

Cats don't randomly dig up a garden (dogs will), they are just burying their poop. You should thank the cat for fertilizing your garden.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #99

Quote:

Cats don't randomly dig up a garden (dogs will), they are just burying their poop. You should thank the cat for fertilizing your garden.
That is a great point! How many times have we all stepped in dog ship!
Or last week I got that mess all over my knobby bike tires. What PITA diggin all that ....er crap.. out every little nook before I could bring the bike inside.

Who has ever stepped in cat crap unless they went stomping in their own flower bed...
I'm impressed at how even outside they still discretely bury their poop.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #100
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
That is a great point! How many times have we all stepped in dog ship!
Or last week I got that mess all over my knobby bike tires. What PITA diggin all that ....er crap.. out every little nook before I could bring the bike inside.

Who has ever stepped in cat crap unless they went stomping in their own flower bed...
I'm impressed at how even outside they still discretely bury their poop.
Lets shoot all the dogs and their owners that let their dogs poop outside of their yards and don't pick it up or let them pee on my grass and kill it. That's even when they are on a leash

equal time for dog haters!
(not me)

Closed Thread