986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Porsche Lawsuit (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/52136-porsche-lawsuit.html)

TeamOxford 05-12-2014 05:59 PM

Porsche Lawsuit

Like we didn't see this one coming:

Porsche Sued Over Crash That Killed Paul Walker - TIME

Let the BS begin. Nobody is responsible for their actions anymore.

Just sayin'................

TO

BIGJake111 05-12-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamOxford (Post 400138)
Like we didn't see this one coming:

Porsche Sued Over Crash That Killed Paul Walker - TIME

Let the BS begin. Nobody is responsible for their actions anymore.

Just sayin'................

TO

Sigh, im sure the old tires and speed dont have anything to do with the accident, it is terrible what happened but it happened due to negligence.

particlewave 05-12-2014 06:12 PM

Utterly ridiculous.

Nothing more to say.

Deserion 05-12-2014 06:49 PM

Yeah, 55mph. Sure. :rolleyes: How would she know? Was she following it? Nothing more than a money grab.

Speeding over double posted limit? Check. Old unsafe tires? Check. Overcorrected into a tree? Check.

Not like the police investigators or Porsche engineers know anything.

Davev 05-12-2014 09:25 PM

Sad reality is there will likely be a big settlement to avoid court.

Porsche9 05-12-2014 09:34 PM

What a joke.

Timco 05-12-2014 10:19 PM

Every new Porsche just went up about $40.

Top_Ramen 05-12-2014 11:28 PM

Porsche's attorney is going to walk in the courtroom holding up a picture of this and then proceed to walk back out with both middle fingers in the air. lol

http://media.heavy.com/media/2013/12...rash-11-13.jpg

Nine8Six 05-13-2014 12:11 AM

Those little court room beggars..... lol cute as always

I'm 100% sure it wasn't the idea of the widow to sue the automaker. Most modern lawyers these days "feeds-off" from these exact type of unfortunate events and take great advantage without any remorse of the consequences this has on the victims. Vulture stuff, and disgusting

Next step: The lawyer to become a public nuisance for Porsche Co bringing in more bad publicity to the already bad-gone-worst case. When Porsche had enough of wasting their time, or sick of being blackmailed, they will make him an offer financially and everybody will shake hands and go home.

Feel sorry for the Rodas family to be dragged into that this way. I bet they are hopeless and would grab any rope given to them at this very moment.

papasmurf 05-13-2014 07:39 AM

I think it has been proven that the carrera GT

idle's/loafs along at 55 mph in first gear:p. I know porsche will probably settle to some extent, but I would love to see them fight this case all the way.

schnellman 05-13-2014 11:31 AM

I hope this bimbo not only loses the suit, but has to pay Porsche's court costs. But, the fact the suit was filed in California pretty much guarantees this idiot a big settlement.

san rensho 05-13-2014 12:24 PM

Why doesn't she sue the driver? He caused the accident with his reckless driving and he has deep pockets.

Maybe some unwritten law that stars don't sue stars.

particlewave 05-13-2014 01:04 PM

She needs financial support since her idiot husband killed himself. I mean, what is she supposed to do? Get a job and be responsible for herself? Sheesh :rolleyes:

coreseller 05-13-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by san rensho (Post 400236)
Why doesn't she sue the driver? He caused the accident with his reckless driving and he has deep pockets.

Maybe some unwritten law that stars don't sue stars.

Because that would entail suing her dead husband, the driver.

If this isn't a screaming example of why this country is in dire need of tort reform / loser pays system I don't know what is. Since the vast majority of politicians are also lawyers that will never happen, ever.

coreseller 05-13-2014 01:16 PM

Forgot to mention, Porsche got sued several times in the late 70's over "wrongful deaths" caused by the 930 Turbo, that is why it wasn't imported from 1981 through 1985 into the States.

jmatta 05-13-2014 02:05 PM

Unfortunately, it's easier for Porsche to write a check than subject themselves to negative PR about their High Performance models. Not saying it's right, but better to continue selling boatloads of Panameras, Cayennes and soon, Macans. It's California, after all...the nutcases would cost PCNA considerably more and the shyster lawyer walks away with a fat check (no offense to our CA Pelicans, but it is what it is).

Ian c 05-13-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatta (Post 400255)
Unfortunately, it's easier for Porsche to write a check than subject themselves to negative PR about their High Performance models. Not saying it's right, but better to continue selling boatloads of Panameras, Cayennes and soon, Macans. It's California, after all...the nutcases would cost PCNA considerably more and the shyster lawyer walks away with a fat check (no offense to our CA Pelicans, but it is what it is).

You're on the wrong forum .......

san rensho 05-13-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreseller (Post 400246)
Because that would entail suing her dead husband, the driver.

If this isn't a screaming example of why this country is in dire need of tort reform / loser pays system I don't know what is. Since the vast majority of politicians are also lawyers that will never happen, ever.

Ooopsie, though it was Walker's widow suing.

rp17 05-13-2014 04:35 PM

Yeah thats just terrible. But are you suprise? See who her lawyer is?

jmatta 05-13-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian c (Post 400257)
You're on the wrong forum .......

I don't think so...it's a business decision and guess what's driving Porsche sales? One hint, it's not Boxsters, Caymans or even the 991.