Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #1

Cool removing brown stain from top window.

My 02 S has developed 2 small brown stains on the plastic window of the top. One on each side of the top about half way down on the outer edge. Other than that the window is in very good shape. I use Plexus several times monthly. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to remove them? Thanks in advance.....

nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
Boxster S Bassist

I have found that the convertible top products made by 303 including their vinyl window treatment spray are good. You might try some on a terry cloth...
John Bergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #3

Garage
I have the same issue in the same area on my rear window. It's where it folds when putting the top up and down. The material is breaking down due to age, use and possibly uv damage combined. I've been somewhat successful using novus plastic polish products to make it go away enough to take the sting out of it. Eventually it will come back though. Now what I can't remember is if it's on the inside or outside. I'd be open to try anything else that someone has had better luck with. I have 303 products for boat care and yes, they are good.

SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote