986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone else have their Porsche on Instagram? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/51421-anyone-else-have-their-porsche-instagram.html)

Touch The Icon 03-30-2014 05:05 PM

Anyone else have their Porsche on Instagram?

If so shoot me a follow @yayoporsche :cheers:

BIGJake111 03-30-2014 05:10 PM

@Jacobroach, drop your follows... nice thread idea.

particlewave 03-30-2014 05:21 PM

Instawhat? Hold on...let me get my reading glasses :o

Timco 03-30-2014 05:35 PM

May I ask what an Instagram is and what it does and how one uses it?

BIGJake111 03-30-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 393538)

Just going to go out on a limb here that you are being serious and not being sarcastic. But it is an application for smart phones where people create accounts and post pictures. Mostly used by young girls with no self esteem looking for some attention, but there are also many nice festerings of great cars.

Perfectlap 03-30-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 393538)

It's one of two reasons that Facebook stock will leave a lot of people wishing they'd bought FB stock while it was still under $400 ( and probably even higher). The other being whatsapp. Those two acquisitions will make the once very douchey Mark Zuckerberg the wealthiest guy in the world beforw his 40th birthday. Whatsapp cost the Verizons and AT&T's $30bn while operating out of an old tuxedo shop by charging nearly nothing while our phone carriers were taking us to the cleaners. First they lost long distance, now they've lost text to whatsapp, leaving with only data which they must compete for with more prevalent free wifi.

Instagram is a brilliant amputation of Facebook's most addictive element, the personal private pictures of others that the human instinct to ignore words and fixate on images. It's like cutting out the main course at Peter Luger's and selling it out of a taco stand. Nobody's going to bother spending all this extra time and money getting spied on just to have the main course inside the restaurant. Facebook had no choice but to pay billions to buy Instagram. Meanwhile FB has only begun to peel the onion in ad revenue. At some point very soon a major corporation will not be able to plan a major ad campaign without putting money into Google or Facebook's wallet. They will have all of our stuff plugged into their data vault. They'll be making trillions without having to sell a thing. The money will just teleport right into their back pockets.

ekam 03-31-2014 04:19 AM

Does your boxster do selfies? Mine doesn't so it doesn't have an instagram account.

Timco 03-31-2014 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 393557)
It's one of two reasons that Facebook stock will leave a lot of people wishing they'd bought FB stock while it was still under $400 ( and probably even higher). The other being whatsapp. Those two acquisitions will make the once very douchey Mark Zuckerberg the wealthiest guy in the world beforw his 40th birthday. Whatsapp cost the Verizons and AT&T's $30bn while operating out of an old tuxedo shop by charging nearly nothing while our phone carriers were taking us to the cleaners. First they lost long distance, now they've lost text to whatsapp, leaving with only data which they must compete for with more prevalent free wifi.

Instagram is a brilliant amputation of Facebook's most addictive element, the personal private pictures of others that the human instinct to ignore words and fixate on images. It's like cutting out the main course at Peter Luger's and selling it out of a taco stand. Nobody's going to bother spending all this extra time and money getting spied on just to have the main course inside the restaurant. Facebook had no choice but to pay billions to buy Instagram. Meanwhile FB has only begun to peel the onion in ad revenue. At some point very soon a major corporation will not be able to plan a major ad campaign without putting money into Google or Facebook's wallet. They will have all of our stuff plugged into their data vault. They'll be making trillions without having to sell a thing. The money will just teleport right into their back pockets.

And I chose boilers.......:(

I want to make trillions too.......

Timco 03-31-2014 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGJake111 (Post 393541)
Just going to go out on a limb here that you are being serious and not being sarcastic. But it is an application for smart phones where people create accounts and post pictures. Mostly used by young girls with no self esteem looking for some attention, but there are also many nice festerings of great cars.

Thanks. Totally serious. I've never used myspace and made a FB page so my kids could friend me or such. Never logged into it. Never used FaceTime or pintrest or any of those. Not used any google products besides search. I'm just too far behind I guess.

PorscheBound 03-31-2014 03:22 PM

Powell_shaun is my instagram. All I post is cars lol

BIGJake111 03-31-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorscheBound (Post 393658)
Powell_shaun is my instagram. All I post is cars lol

somehow i have a pending request to you, the instagram porsche world is small isnt it.

PorscheBound 03-31-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGJake111 (Post 393662)
somehow i have a pending request to you, the instagram porsche world is small isnt it.

Request Accepted!

Touch The Icon 03-31-2014 05:41 PM

Thank you guys for the follows! If I missed a followback please let me know. :cheers:

Perfectlap 03-31-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 393573)
And I chose boilers.......:(

I want to make trillions too.......

you chose something does not create limitless drama, does not cost employers trillions in lost productivity, does not give young teenage girls insecurity complexes because the popular girls have 3x's as many "likes", does not invade privacy, does not support fraudulent international click farms dead bolted in bogus ad pricing schemes, does not generate ready-made daily bullying fodder like nuclear power is to a submarine, boilers don't come with deliberately cumbersome settings to get you to do its bidding. Your boiler never made it easy as pie to get every annoying person you never spoke to in High School an excuse to see what you've been doing for the last x number of years and of course once you "friend" them...you never hear from them again but they're still spying on all your friends' hot sisters.

But you can't stop the inevitable march of "progress", certainly not when its whipping up 2.5bn a quarter. 40 years ago they would have put Zuckerberg in jail for all of the aforementioned social decline. And if you ever read the emails between Zuckerberg and his lawyer who has to remind him how unethically douchey he is in deliberately witholding extremely important information from a former friend who bankrolled the whole start up when Zuckerberg didn't have two nickels to rub together... Yeah I have a few opinions on Facebook.

koosh 04-01-2014 01:06 AM

my instagram is koosh_m

i post pictures of everything, quite a few of the boxster, skateboarding, food, scotland scenery etc.... very varied...

Touch The Icon 04-01-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koosh (Post 393695)
my instagram is koosh_m

i post pictures of everything, quite a few of the boxster, skateboarding, food, scotland scenery etc.... very varied...

Followed :cheers: