986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   My dealings with Jake Raby (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/51157-my-dealings-jake-raby.html)

rfuerst911sc 03-14-2014 06:04 AM

My dealings with Jake Raby

I don't normally rant/rave about someone or a shop unless they really over achieve and that is the case with my dealings with Jake. In December of last year Jake and I did a handshake deal that I am not going to discuss in detail because that is not the point of this post. We agreed on some repairs and performance mods on a 2002 S. We literally shook hands and went from there. Communication was excellent Jake kept me in the loop the entire time the car was worked on. We ran into one or two surprise hiccups that were dealt with fairly and professionally. I told Jake the day I met him that he was a " nut " :D but I meant that as a compliment. To me he's a nut because of his passion, drive, knowledge about these cars and the results he gets. He eats, sleeps and drinks Porsche. I was very fortunate to have someone like this in my own backyard to work with. In regards to performance mods he did some headwork, everything else was good maintenance and replacing things like IMS. Stock pistons/cams/intake/exhaust on a 131,000 mile S yet she put down 229.05 hp at the wheels ! I am happy with the car and would recommend Jake's service to anyone that wants a real pro to work on their car. No I am not a paid spokesperson but it is rare these days to deal with a professional that isn't driven solely by making a buck. When I lived in Orlando I had the pleasure of having my Porsche's worked on by Zotz, another first class organization similar to Jake's. Well that's the end of my spiel hope I haven't taken up too much band width. :cheers:

Porsche9 03-14-2014 07:49 AM

I wish I lived close to Jake's shop.

The dyno results are really strong. Good to hear that Jake felt your motors bottomend was strong enough to justify doing both the IMS and head work. Maybe you can get 200k out of it?

rfuerst911sc 03-14-2014 07:54 AM

I'm expecting 200k plus we'll see.

BruceH 03-14-2014 08:18 AM

Great to hear, Jake's passion is obvious from his posts. Wish he was local to me:cheers:

Jake Raby 03-14-2014 10:56 AM

Thanks, Rick.
Nice dealing with you as well. Its a challenge to meet expectations of someone when facing all the adversity that we did during your project. I consider it a miracle when we can exceed someone's expectations under such conditions. All we deal with are "negative" circumstances, so I guess somewhere along the way we have gotten good at it.

You are a first class kind of guy as well. We are on the same page and its so nice to work with someone local. With Porsches here from 28 states currently, after yours was picked up we don't have any Georgia customers at all. Thats the way it usually is..

But we do have a Boxster here from Nova Scotia and another inbound from Anchorage Ak. as soon as the weather allows!