Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #1

Brake Booster Vacuum Hose, Vacuum Leak

Hi guys,
My car has had the codes P1128, P1130 for a while. I just did a smoke test yesterday and found a couple air leaks. One is from the intake boots (leak very visible and easy to tell). Another is the brake booster vacuum line in the engine compartment (I think). I couldn't tell exactly where the smoke was coming from, but there was a lot of smoke hanging around that hose, which is mentioned in this thread. I forgot to check the rest of this hose which leads to the brake booster in the front, so might have to do that. Has anybody replaced this hose before? Looks intimidating because there doesn't seem to be any room to work. Also, is there anything else around that hose that could also be leaking that could mislead me?
Thank you

hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

the fuel pressure regulator is just underneath and has a vacuum connection. there is an aos connection down there as well. the brake booster line is easily worked on from under the car (easy being a relative term wrt the boxster). best test would probably be to disconnect the booster at the manifold, plug the opening in the manifold, and see if you still have a leak.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #3

My car has the same problem...

took it to an indie who supposedly did a smoke test but could not find the leak. The idle changes when the clutch is applied. I have not received codes in a long time but will try to check that area tomorrow for a leak and hopefully finally get this fixed.

papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote