Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Exclamation Reus Audio

ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THEM? Well im going to get my system redone by them... Heard their stuff at the LA Auto Show and it was incredible. Best sounding system i have heard. I have spoken with the owner and he is willing to cut deals to those I bring in with me. Their systems are built specifically for the boxster or any other car for that matter. Each system is built and installed by them. They make their own drivers and amps.

The entry level system is around 2800 and the Highline system is about 5k. This represents all costs including installation.

Company is based out of Orange County, CA.

PM me if your interested.

I am scheduled to have mine installed sometime in Jun/Jul 2006.....Yeah they are that booked.

www.reusaudio.com

Last edited by TriGem2k; 02-07-2006 at 12:08 PM.
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #2

Any takers?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #3

I just spoke to Rick Reus on the phone and I am very impressed. They're exactly the kind of company I would want to work with if I were to change the audio setup on my car, but I've always expected the cost to be prohibitive.

Looks like they're just finishing up their first install on a 997 Cabriolet right now so he'll have more details for the 987 owners soon...
Old 02-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
I just spoke to Rick Reus on the phone and I am very impressed. They're exactly the kind of company I would want to work with if I were to change the audio setup on my car, but I've always expected the cost to be prohibitive.

Looks like they're just finishing up their first install on a 997 Cabriolet right now so he'll have more details for the 987 owners soon...

Yes Rick Reus is a very nice classy guy. Their stuff is exception. After hearing their system compared to what i had in mine (i had spend about 3k on it) and mine sounds like garbage. Time to do it again .
Old 02-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #5

I hate the Bose "sub" in my 987 and the head unit drives me nuts. I'm probably going to stop by tomorrow afternoon to see what they're doing to the Cab they've got right now.

I never expected to have fantastic audio out of a convertible but this stock Porsche unit is really, really insulting.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #6

I checked their site and looks like they are very familar with Porsches, which is good.

Do they make their own subs and/or an excellent 3.5'' speakers? I'm looking for a pair of subs to replace the door speakers or house them out somewhere at the back.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by threpwood
I checked their site and looks like they are very familar with Porsches, which is good.

Do they make their own subs and/or an excellent 3.5'' speakers? I'm looking for a pair of subs to replace the door speakers or house them out somewhere at the back.

They wont sell you one speaker/sub....They only do complete installs....
Old 02-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #8

Obviously due to distance I can't take advantage, that aside the $2800USD doesn't convert well to Australian peso's, but I'd be very interested to see pics when you're done with the install.

Patto is offline   Reply With Quote