986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   What's up with mustangs? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/49876-whats-up-mustangs.html)

oc-boxster 12-14-2013 01:01 PM

What's up with mustangs?

Why do guys in mustangs get all crazy on the road when they see me? Chase me down just to tailgate then rev rev rev while they pass then make a point to get in front of me and slow down? It's happened about 10 times now and I find it childish and unsafe.

recycledsixtie 12-14-2013 01:16 PM

Possibly they are looking for a race. Ignore them and hopefully they will go away.
They likely know that they are a lot faster than a Boxster on the straight.....

Porsche9 12-14-2013 01:34 PM

Had the same thing happen to me the other. This guy had an older one with the lame 190 hp V6. I just ignored him and lost him at the freeway interchange that had a turn.

BRAN 12-14-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recycledsixtie (Post 376594)
Possibly they are looking for a race. Ignore them and hopefully they will go away.
They likely know that they are a lot faster than a Boxster on the straight.....

Happens..., but nothing makes more fun than ignoring those morons...(okay maybe making fun of them) :rolleyes:

Mustang...faster than a Boxster...on a straight...hmmmm
--> might be the better sprinter...but faster...on the Autobahn...I don't think so :D
Mustang max speed is limited to 245-250km/h...(hmmm...for a reason?) :ah:
--> Boxster --> max speed --> not limited --> between 250-275km/h
--> Boxster wins :D

Timco 12-14-2013 02:18 PM

I tell guys you will win if we race across the street, but if we race around that corner or around the block, I win!

Those stupid mini's give me more attention.

runjmc2 12-14-2013 02:38 PM

Ever see beautiful woman that does not smoke driving a mustang? Me either…..

Rickinduncan 12-14-2013 03:12 PM

Consider yourself fortunate your getting the attention of mustang drivers. My nemesis is kids in Honda civics with fart cans. And there's usually 4 of them in the car.

rp17 12-14-2013 03:23 PM

Had a Mustang do the same thing to me. Let them go. Seemed like it was the Vw crowd before that. I think the Vw guys just wanted to see it in action where the Mustangs are lookong for bragging rights.

Timco 12-14-2013 03:44 PM

1969 was the last year Ford made a decent looking Stang.....

Maybe an occasional 1970.

particlewave 12-14-2013 04:33 PM

The 2014 model looks like more recycling of the same ugly body style, too.

Ignoring them completely is the best. Nothing hurts their egos more than not even being noticed ;)

thstone 12-14-2013 04:41 PM

There was a guy at the racetrack in a 2011 Mustang 5.0 (412hp). He was completely pissed off that my 200hp Boxster was faster. That was a good day. :)

BRAN 12-15-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 376641)
The 2014 model looks like more recycling of the same ugly body style, too.

Ignoring them completely is the best. Nothing hurts their egos more than not even being noticed ;)

The 2014 Ford Mustang seems like the usual facelift, looks good to me compared to the previous models of the last years, especially the tail lights are slowly getting there...

I guess most designers constantly need to be reminded, that less is sometimes more...especially a Ford Mustang on steroids.:troll:

I love the 67 Fastback ...

...but trading in a Porsche for another brand...NO WAY, NEVER:cheers:

SeanZ4 12-15-2013 07:32 AM

I seem to have more kids in tuner cars bug me at lights. I just ignore them. I'm too old and my insurance is too reasonable at this point in my life.

Perfectlap 12-15-2013 08:30 AM

Has nothing to do with Mustangs and everything to do with the driver.
Endless numbers of spikey haired pimply faced 'Hot Import' drivers do the same.
I even had a girl in a GTI tell me she could "take me easy". LOL. not if you have to turn the wheel I said.

oc-boxster 12-15-2013 08:32 AM

I'm just going to start ignoring these guys. The first few times I took the bait and started racing around through traffic. From now on I will move over a lane let them pass so they can go find a camaro or dodge truck to mess with.

jotoole 12-15-2013 08:45 AM

Who cares?

Rickinduncan 12-15-2013 01:00 PM

I wonder if there is a bizarro (superman comic readers will know the term) thread on any of the mustang forums about 'those porsh guys' (spelling is appropriate for the mustang forum) who are always trying to bait them into driving fast around curves? It was just a thought I had while sitting here with my third rum and eggnog. Nutmeg floating on the surface of course.

coreseller 12-15-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickinduncan (Post 376746)
I wonder if there is a bizarro (superman comic readers will know the term) thread on any of the mustang forums about 'those porsh guys' (spelling is appropriate for the mustang forum) who are always trying to bait them into driving fast around curves? It was just a thought I had while sitting here with my third rum and eggnog. Nutmeg floating on the surface of course.

Damn, JD was tempting me with 151 Rum Friday night, all I have is Miller Lite lol.

Concerning the OP, giving in to bozos (don't care if it's a Mustang or Ferrari) trying to egg you into a race makes YOU just as big of an Idiot as they are for being stupid enough to react.

Kind of like when I heard another guy I highly respected refer to Road Rage as "Two guys in two ton vehicles trying to see who could be the biggest Immature *sshole", made sense.

daboxsta 12-15-2013 04:09 PM

For what it's worth, I sold my 98 Boxster 2 years ago for a more dog friendly . Last summer I bought a 2003 Mustang GT convertible, Thinking it would be an acceptable replacement. Need I say, I just purchased a 2000 Boxster.

eicheldp 12-15-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daboxsta (Post 376773)
Last summer I bought a 2003 Mustang GT convertible, Thinking it would be an acceptable replacement. Need I say, I just purchased a 2000 Boxster.

Having owned a 71 Mustang in my youth and now owning a Boxster.... I'll never go back. Still love the muscle cars from the mid to late 60's but for pure driving pleasure, I'll keep owning a Porsche.