Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #1

GAHH Soft Top Alternative..??

Hi,

In response to the sudden and significant price increase of the GAHH Replacement Soft Top, I wrote to the owner of CabrioWorld to express my concerns. This is his reply:

"...The factory forced us to raise prices. Unfortunately I can not fight them. Another factory is working on the top. I hope to have a more reasonable price again in about 1 month...."

Based on this reply, I believe it would behoove anyone considering replacing their Top to wait, unless your need is current, and see what develops. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #2

I am going to wait..we are supposed to have a snowstorm tomorrow anyhow..

doc
docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #3

I wonder what "reasonable" means to them. Everytime I check a site that specializes in convertible tops It aggrevates me to see how much the glass top costs. All the other tops w/ glass in the rear run $400-$600. I know the development costs need to be recouped but $950 seems ridiculous to me. I think I am going to be purchasing a top w/ a plastic window soon. I had intended to get a glass top but have sense decided not to support such customer unfriendly pricing. I thought the introductory price of $650 was pretty fair.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:18 AM   #4

Yeah, I think it sucks too, since the price went up $300 in a week..now that is a huge mark up....

docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote