Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #1

Front fog Light Size???

Hey all I tried to search for the sizes of the front fog bulbs but I cannot find anything on it, and auto store websites also do not have the size. If you can help me out would be much appreciated. BTW this forum is great, I have learned a bunch from you guys, and upgrades are made that much easier with the detailed instructions given. THX

Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull27
Hey all I tried to search for the sizes of the front fog bulbs but I cannot find anything on it, and auto store websites also do not have the size. If you can help me out would be much appreciated. BTW this forum is great, I have learned a bunch from you guys, and upgrades are made that much easier with the detailed instructions given. THX
Hi,

You're looking for an H7 55W Bulb, the same as the Headlight. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:55 AM   #3

Thanks Jim, I have 4 H7's 55W coming in the mail, think Ill just replace the Low and and Fog, and not the High
Old 02-01-2006, 04:46 AM   #4

I always use the high beams as a "spare". If one of my lights go out I just pull over and use my high beam light as a replacement until I can get some time to get another one. Takes about 5 mins to swap and put the light housing back in.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #5

wow its that easy to replace the bulbs. Ya I'd like to replace the whole housing with the clear markers but its tough to spend that kind of money on something that is working fine. I have noticed that when my lights are on at night the lenses on the housing seem to show little holes or or something. It looks like it would be because of small pebbles hitting against the outside, but it is actually on the inside of the lens. Kindove annoys me