Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #1

Floor mats are a good thing.

So I made the mistake of calling in to the office this morning and asking if anyone wanted me to pick up coffee...

Well, that humongous, top-heavy "venti cafe mocha" that my friend ordered tipped over the entire tray of drinks on my passenger side floor. Luckily I'd taped over the drink holes on the lids, but the huge-ass mocha's lid popped off and the entire thing spilled out on my floor.

The car wash guys said that it was primarily contained to the floor mat, but then some did get on the floor as well.

Great. Milk in the car. that's going to smell AWESOME!!!

Old 01-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
bmussatti

Did you get a small burn...possibly? You can maybe file a lawsuit against the coffee shop for...trillions!

You had a tough week....hu?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #3

My last car was a '02 5 series and I had to transport a ton of full beer bottles during a move. Well they got lose and some broke... I was not happy to say the least but some heavy scrubbing and some fabreeze did the trick and you could never smell it again.

Anyway, good thing it is a convertible!
luxury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #4

Well, what did you expect? When you behave in such adolescent manner you invite disaster. Now I suppose you want us to feel sorry for you. Typical. KIDDING ESLAI. KIDDING!!! Man you did have a rough week. Time for a beer.
Phil Buxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #5

wool lite works well on carpets. I have to use it often for my red carpets.

This is why they don't have cup holders in Porsches in Germany! Those lids never stay on! and Germans think its funny how AMericans drink or eat while they drive.
I keep all food and drink in the trunk. And the engine keeps it warm back there
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Buxton
Well, what did you expect? When you behave in such adolescent manner you invite disaster. Now I suppose you want us to feel sorry for you. Typical. KIDDING ESLAI. KIDDING!!! Man you did have a rough week. Time for a beer.
Haha I so wanted to make a joke about that myself, you guys stole my thunder.

Of course, the carpet is sticky and wet today still. Well, it gives me an excuse to take the car in for a detailing. It's about time. I used to detail my cars myself but nowadays, even with a drill or orbital polisher, my wrists ache almost immediately.

Tendonitis, RSI, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, whatever--I can't drive go-karts, play guitar, whatever these days without my wrists acting up. Stupid software engineering career *grumble grumble*