Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #1

Opinion on extended warranty

Could you guys check this warranty out and tell me what you think. I can get a 5yr/80k mile bumper to bumper warranty that includes emissions and wear and tear. They explained that wear and tear is when they replace a part that is starting to break, the example they gave me was a power window motor that is getting ready to shoot craps. The one time payment price they quoted me after a little negotiation was $2,100.

here is the link:

http://www.aaautowarranty.com/bumpertobumper.asp

BTW, the car is a 2001 Base w/tip.

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #2

That's not bad, IMHO.

Make sure it covers seals and gaskets. I payed a little more for a 3/36k warranty, so less for a 5/80k warranty looks quite nice!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #3

That IS a good deal for that long of a period. What is your deductable?
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #4

Deductable is $100, but they have lower options. I figured that if I can get out of a Porsche dealership and have something fixed for a Franklin I'm ahead in the deal. The warranty rep has been great to deal with. Hmmm, perhaps if I tell him I will refer others to him we would get an even better deal.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #5

Looks good, but you also may want to compare this policy with one from http://www.warrantydirect.com . Very similar to yours, but they offer wear and tear coverage as part of the policy, not an optional feature.

Also make sure that your particular dealership, or whomever you take your car in for service to, will accept payment from 'that' (whichever one it may be) warranty plan.

I'll be getting a 7 year/100K plan for around $2200 (but this is for a 2007 vehicle with less than 3k miles).

Either way, most of these plans are fairly similar. Go with the one you feel comfortable with, and...........hopefully, will never have to use it.

Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote