986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Top Speed Test Pipes a few years later (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/48890-top-speed-test-pipes-few-years-later.html)

ultimate1 10-14-2013 06:44 PM

Top Speed Test Pipes a few years later

One of my secondary cats caused a CEL and time to replace one of them. I like what I have read about deleting the secondary cats which I am learning serves no purpose.

I am considering buying the Top Speed test pipes and have PMed a few members but no response yet either due to the long weekend or other factors. Anyway, I am curious to know who has been running them on a 2.7 base boxster with stock muffler and how has their experience been with the product? Some have said that they were happy shortly after they installed the test pipes but I would like to see comments from those who have had them on their boxster for a year or longer.

Thanks in advance

The French Dude 10-15-2013 06:22 AM

Yep I will follow this ;)
My apprehension is about the fitting...

BruceH 10-15-2013 08:06 AM

I don't know how much help I am, I have a 3.2, and I put the pipes on in January, and I have the TS exhaust, not stock. I am very happy with the performance gain and the sound. No complaints. BTY, I am 52 and didn't want an obnoxious sounding exhaust, and the TS exhaust with the cat delete pipe is not obnoxious, at least for me. At lower RPM's, it sounds more like stock, but as the rev's climb, you are going to love it:D Go through a tunnel or under an overpass and just try not to grin:cheers:

jrcui 10-15-2013 12:38 PM

My test pipes have been on a couple months and love the sound (along with my NHP exhaust). I put them on myself and took a little finesse but fit perfect. Passed my local DEQ in Oregon today with no problems.

woodsman 10-15-2013 12:50 PM

I've only driven with them on for 3 months but have no regrets. They deepen the sound exactly the way I hoped ( stock muffler). The fitment was OK. Try 'em!

heymanwatchthis 10-15-2013 01:51 PM

Mine are on the way to pair up with TS exhaust, will give my impression next week when I install them.

Dlirium 10-15-2013 02:10 PM

Do y'all have a link to where you purchased the Top Speed test pipes? I'm looking at the Fabspeed, but hoping to spend a few less $$ in the process...

Thanks!

jrcui 10-15-2013 06:16 PM

Top Speed Auto

You can also send them a message via eBay. Mention you're a forum member and you get a discount.

black_box 10-15-2013 07:09 PM

I could never get my set to stop leaking when hot. I eventually paid $50 to get them welded into the system and it was totally squared away.

Kenny Boxster 10-15-2013 08:08 PM

At one point in my setup, I ran my 2.7 with stock headers, aftermarket test pipes, and stock muffler. No problems, was quite happy. For me, the fitment required a bit of working with to get complete. A little more sound and power, and weight reduction- was pleased. Currently have stock headers, aftermarket test pipes, and muffler.

jacabean 10-16-2013 05:02 AM

no problems with this set up and going on 2 years now. half as loud as my 996

ultimate1 10-16-2013 06:34 PM

Thanks guys will keep this in mind while I make my decision on them