Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #1

Door locks

I'm trying to get rid of all the small niggles on my Boxster, and one of them is what I think to be a door lock problem. Sometimes it just starts to lock/unlock repeatedly and both windows go up and down. First I thought it could be a bad lock switch on the dash, so I took it off and sprayed a bit of wd40 to try to clean it. It started working without problems, but not for long. Sometimes the alarm triggers itself and reports a door open, but I don't know if the problem is on the lock dash switch or one of the doors switches. Is it possible to get that reading on a obd reader? How can I find out where the problem is?

urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #2

Please help me, I need to get this sorted without droping a ton of €€€ on the dealership. :-/
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #3
The Legend

Evidence points to the central locking unit, under the driver's seat. The a wet CLU can cause all sorts of electrical quirks. Check under the seat if the carpet is damp, then theres your answer

boxslrr is offline   Reply With Quote