Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #1

Annoying clutch noise

Hi all
I am a boxster S owner 2002

For a long time now I have been experiencing an annoying squeak noise when I press/release the clutch (happens with car on or off)
The noise definitely sounds like its coming from the rear of the car and almost sounds like a spring but is quite loud

When I first drive the car the noise isn't noticeable but it seems to appear after some driving and then remains throughout the rest of the drive (and for a long time afterwards even if the car is off).

Apart from that the clutch is working as expected

Here is a video I took
Porsche Boxster S Clutch noise - YouTube

Last edited by spiker; 10-12-2013 at 10:33 PM.
spiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #2

Not uncommon.
My clutch squeaked before (and now after) a new clutch was installed 20,000km ago. I tried to rectify by removing the slave cylinder to lube the clutch actuating arm but the noise stays the same.
That was 3 years ago and I've given up on the squeak - its OK cold but not when hot......