986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   3M clear bra (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/48826-3m-clear-bra.html)

trimer 10-12-2013 03:57 PM

3M clear bra

It's been out for a few months now. Anyone tried on the boxster with success? I a, talking about the spray version BTW.

thstone 10-13-2013 09:43 AM

Bueller? Bueller?

I am also interested in this...

eicheldp 12-28-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimer (Post 367272)
It's been out for a few months now. Anyone tried on the boxster with success? I a, talking about the spray version BTW.

Has anyone tried this on their Boxster? I stopped at a dealer the other evening to look at a few vehicles and all the Porsches had a clear bra installed.

The dealer quoted me $495 for the front of the bumper and a portion of the frunk. $895 if I wanted the entire front bumper and mirrors included. :barf:

I'd like to find out if this 3M product performs well or should I plastidip the front end?

coreseller 12-28-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimer (Post 367272)

While I have not used it myself, I have seen a similar question posed on a different forum. The replies back regarding the spray on version said it did indeed offer "a little" protection, but the consensus was you get what you pay for and the emphasis was on little. The clear film does a great job.

leknus 12-28-2013 11:49 AM

Clear bra film

According to two installers I talked to, the industry/technology leader for auto paint protection film is XPEL Ultimate. Got mine for 04 S for$300 installed in Brentwood, TN. Ask for dealer discount. Product is absolutely invisible and self healing. Have the same on my 09 BMW 528. Don't pay dealer price; get multi quotes from installers. WWW.XPEL.COM. No affiliation.

eicheldp 12-28-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leknus (Post 378557)
According to two installers I talked to, the industry/technology leader for auto paint protection film is XPEL Ultimate. Got mine for 04 S for$300 installed in Brentwood, TN. Ask for dealer discount. Product is absolutely invisible and self healing. Have the same on my 09 BMW 528. Don't pay dealer price; get multi quotes from installers. Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp.. No affiliation.

Leknus,
Thanks for the info. I found a dealer within the area and will definitely drop in to see him. What areas did you get protected?

leknus 12-28-2013 02:59 PM

Just the front bumper. It's not necessary on the hood because of the slope. I'm going to get the headlights done on both cars soon.