986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Uber Car Detailing (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/48793-uber-car-detailing.html)

coreseller 10-11-2013 02:46 AM

Uber Car Detailing

I stumbled across this on another P-Car forum. It is a 93 hour $4k detail job on a F40, unbelievable. Serious coin but it's a serious car. My P-Car has never had more than an hour's worth of attention like this at any one time...................:eek:

Ferrari F40 Correctional, Glass Coat, 90+ hours - Show and Shine - Detailing Bliss powered by Detailer's Domain

Johnny Danger 10-11-2013 05:06 AM

I take the Dangermobile to him once a month for a hand wash. He only charges $900 for that service.

Nine8Six 10-11-2013 05:20 AM

Try to picture this guy's face when his wife goes "Honey, it's your turn to polish the wine glasses" lol

Seriously he did a major (needed) rescue on that supercar. Nice work indeed

schnellman 10-11-2013 08:45 AM

And I thought I was a fanatic about detailing. But, I still prefer the interior of a Boxster. The F40 interior looks like it came out of a Yugo.

Eric G 10-11-2013 08:46 AM

A true detailer to say the least. I must say I learned a lot on that thread and that its far more chemically involved for cleaning and restoring than what I had imagined. His work is fantastic. Thanks for posting this!

Kenny Boxster 10-11-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnellman (Post 367056)
And I thought I was a fanatic about detailing. But, I still prefer the interior of a Boxster. The F40 interior looks like it came out of a Yugo.

F40 is a different equation. The interior is very spartan, and simplistic. After all, Ferrari released it in mind with it practically being a road legal race car. In some no radio and plastic windows in early versions!

"One concession was made to creature comfort, as air conditioning was fitted as standard. Otherwise the interior was spartan in the extreme, with a pair of red cloth covered sports seats, and apart from the roof lining, the felt covered dashboard and central tunnel, plus a driver's rubber heel mat, there was no interior trim, only plain or painted composite material surfaces. No electric windows, just a simple manual winder on the inner door panel, or sliding panels in plastic windows on early series cars, whilst the door release catch was a pull wire in the bare door pockets. The driver was provided with a satin black finished, three spoke, leather rimmed steering wheel, and drilled aluminium foot pedals. This minimalist interior accentuated the racer for the road appeal, and completed the image of a serious piece of equipment."

Favorite car of all time for me. :)