Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 06:21 PM   #1

Night Drive in VA

Well it was about 70 degrees here today in Northern VA which is unheard of in January around these parts. So of course me and the wife we out for a spin in the Box. We decided to check out the Ferrari/Maserati dealership in Dullus VA to see what's new. For me I am really into Porsche and have really no idea what a Maserati really looked like until now. I saw the Spyder GT on display and was amazed- on how crappy it really looks compared to a P car. The price was ridculously high. To me it looked like a sebring on steroids. Now if any of you have one, I don't me to offend, i guess I just love my boxster even more now. I am sure the Maserati performs amazingly and is very powerful but the styling just isn't for me. I just think the Boxster is a great car for the money and well exceeds my expectations. I couldn't ask for anything more in a roadster!

-Jangobox
05' 987 Basalt Black

jangobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #2

Today was wonderful! I picked up the car late yesterday and was bummed that by the time I finished all the paperwork it was already dark and getting cold. The forcecast for today was rain, so I expected not to use the new toy But then today turned out to be a beautiful warm day and I was even able to drive it with the top down! Didn't expect to do that till next spring.

On the Massarati/Ferrari issue, there is a dealer close to my old client and I used to stop in there during lunch. I don't know, but I always thought they were beautiful cars.

Rob
rteichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteichman
Today was wonderful! I picked up the car late yesterday and was bummed that by the time I finished all the paperwork it was already dark and getting cold. The forcecast for today was rain, so I expected not to use the new toy But then today turned out to be a beautiful warm day and I was even able to drive it with the top down! Didn't expect to do that till next spring.

On the Massarati/Ferrari issue, there is a dealer close to my old client and I used to stop in there during lunch. I don't know, but I always thought they were beautiful cars.

Rob
Actually I meant the maserati spyder GT. I don't know. looks kind of Sebringish/Mitsubishi.

jangobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:59 AM   #4

Well to me it looks more like a Jaguar than a Chrysler or a Mits But I think the real issue is that Massarati lost their design cache back in the 70s. Gahwd do you remember those Chrysler Massarati's ughhhhh even the BiTurbo was ugly. Oh for a good old Bora. I actually found one at a good price in the early 80s, but the engine was so complicated I was afraid to touch it (not to mention the used car lot it was on seemed awfully seedy).

rteichman is offline   Reply With Quote