Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #1

CDR-210 cd changer cable

I need to find where I can purchase the interface cable for my CDR-210 to connect a cd changer. I am in the Palm Desert, CA area. Are there any generic cables that will adapt? Does anyone know if the CDR-210 came with the cable installed even if there is no changer?
Thanks
Bill

980ceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #2

If yours came without a CD changer, then you don't have the cable. You should be able to buy one from a Porsche dealer, or they sometimes come up for sale on eBay. I added a CD changer to mine, but I bought the entire stereo system out of a 996 on eBay and then sold off all of the stuff I didn't need. I ended up getting my CD changer and cable for free.

I have also noticed that Blaupunkt stereos from a couple of years ago have the very same connections on the back of the head units as the Becker radios. I helped a friend put one in his Boxster and all of the factory connections just plugged right in and worked great. Makes me think that Becker and Blaupunkt may be the same company, or at least that Blaupunkt might manufacture Becker stereos.

A Blaupunkt CD changer cable would be much cheaper than buying a Becker/Porshe cable. It's also great fun (NOT!!!) routing the cable for the CD changer, but not as bad as routing the rear speaker cable.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #3

What changer do you want to put in?
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #4

Cable

Just want the cable so I can play the iPod. Not sure where to get one except from Porsche or Becker $95 or $100 Are there any that will fit the CDR-210?
Old 01-12-2006, 03:29 AM   #5

A US car does not come with the cable unless the car is ordered with the changer. What is interesting is that in the UK they have a no cost option called cd changer prep and the cable is in the car just waiting for a changer.

The cable sold by Porsche is the same as Becker except the Becker is longer, so we coil any excess cable up next to the battery. It is much cheaper buying the cable from Becker or from a Becker dealer. You need a Becker Silverstone cable for a model 2660 (6 disc) or 2630 (10) disc changer. The changer is a Sony with Becker electronics. I have the Becker part number if you need but it is enough to say you want the 2660 Silverstone changer cable.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:00 AM   #6

Part Number

Tool Pants can you give me the Becker Part number for the cable?
Thanks
Bill
Old 01-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #7

The Becker part number I was given is 1184.709-276.