986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Any users from Poland? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/48321-any-users-poland.html)

PaulDash 09-10-2013 05:17 AM

Any users from Poland?

Hi All! Tomorrow, I will proudly become an owner of a '98 Boxster. While not new to Porsches - '86 944 was my first car - I'm glad to be moving on to something a tiny bit newer.

The issue at hand, though, is getting community support. Living in Poland, I don't know too many other Porsche owners. So, any of them around on this board?

-Paul

coreseller 09-10-2013 05:35 AM

There is a member here that goes by the name "Johnny Danger", he has been a lifelong resident of Poland and you couldn't find a better / more proud representative of the polish community. On weekends he has been known to cruise the urban areas in a yellow Skoda.

peterek 09-10-2013 06:39 AM

I have 2000 S, and I'm Polish but living in Chicago .... :)

Steve Tinker 09-10-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreseller (Post 362391)
There is a member here that goes by the name "Johnny Danger", he has been a lifelong resident of Poland and you couldn't find a better / more proud representative of the polish community. On weekends he has been known to cruise the urban areas in a yellow Skoda.

No, no its not a Skoda, JD' car is an ex taxi yellow Trabant - you can see when he last posted piccies of his beloved 18 hp beast....:p

This is the car that gave Communism a bad name. Powered by a two-stroke pollution generator that maxed out at an ear-splitting 18 hp, the Trabant was a hollow lie of a car constructed of recycled worthlessness (actually, the body was made of a fiberglass-like Duroplast, reinforced with recycled fibers like cotton and wood). A virtual antique when it was designed in the 1950s, the Trabant was East Germany's answer to the VW Beetle — a "people's car," as if the people didn't have enough to worry about. Trabants smoked like an Iraqi oil fire, when they ran at all, and often lacked even the most basic of amenities, like brake lights or turn signals. But history has been kind to the Trabi. Thousands of East Germans drove their Trabants over the border when the Wall fell, which made it a kind of automotive liberator. Once across the border, the none-too-sentimental Ostdeutschlanders immediately abandoned their cars. Ich bin Junk!

jb92563 09-10-2013 02:16 PM

Your title for this thread is interesting and thought provoking.

I always thought of us enthusiasts as Owners and Drivers never as Users, which in the American culture implies it is an addictice substance.

But perhaps this is correct afterall and we enthusiasts are Users
:cheers:

golonaus 09-10-2013 03:34 PM

pewnie ze jestesmy tu
i tez jestem z krakowa ale tak jak peterek mieszkam w Chicago
powodzenia

btw. I didn't know that JD is polish

PaulDash 09-11-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb92563 (Post 362498)
... I always thought of us enthusiasts as Owners and Drivers never as Users

Guess I said 'users' as the plan for this ride (Bought today. Yay!) is to pass it on to someone else in a year or so. And upgrade.

@golonaus: Pozdrawiam! If my parents hadn't yanked me out of high school, I'd be driving my Porsche around the Tri-state area.

@coreseller: Thanks. I just wrote to Johnny Danger.

Anyone else around?

Johnny Danger 09-11-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreseller (Post 362391)

Witam miło cię poznać !

Johnny Danger !!

Johnny Danger 09-11-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golonaus (Post 362518)
pewnie ze jestesmy tu
i tez jestem z krakowa ale tak jak peterek mieszkam w Chicago
powodzenia

btw. I didn't know that JD is polish

I worked a few assignments in Kraków over the years. Nazywają mnie niebezpieczeństwo Johnny !!!!!

Johnny Danger 09-11-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Tinker (Post 362497)
No, no its not a Skoda, JD' car is an ex taxi yellow Trabant - you can see when he last posted piccies of his beloved 18 hp beast....:p

This is the car that gave Communism a bad name. Powered by a two-stroke pollution generator that maxed out at an ear-splitting 18 hp, the Trabant was a hollow lie of a car constructed of recycled worthlessness (actually, the body was made of a fiberglass-like Duroplast, reinforced with recycled fibers like cotton and wood). A virtual antique when it was designed in the 1950s, the Trabant was East Germany's answer to the VW Beetle — a "people's car," as if the people didn't have enough to worry about. Trabants smoked like an Iraqi oil fire, when they ran at all, and often lacked even the most basic of amenities, like brake lights or turn signals. But history has been kind to the Trabi. Thousands of East Germans drove their Trabants over the border when the Wall fell, which made it a kind of automotive liberator. Once across the border, the none-too-sentimental Ostdeutschlanders immediately abandoned their cars. Ich bin Junk!

Uwielbiam jeździć moim Porsche Boxster !!!

golonaus 09-11-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger (Post 362749)
I worked a few assignments in Kraków over the years. Nazywają mnie niebezpieczeństwo Johnny !!!!!

small world prawda??

PaulDash 09-11-2013 03:04 PM

To anyone who ends up in or near Krakow: an invitation for some tea, coffee, wine (if you're not driving) and Porsche stories.

Johnny Danger 09-11-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golonaus (Post 362755)
small world prawda??

Tak mały świat !! :)

coreseller 09-11-2013 03:35 PM

strzec się

jesteś wysadzenie wpływ IMS bani być tobą

Johnny Danger 09-11-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreseller (Post 362761)
strzec się

jesteś wysadzenie wpływ IMS bani być tobą

Moje łożysko ims jest ok !!

coreseller 09-11-2013 04:20 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NIzB5BI-m9c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

peterek 09-11-2013 04:21 PM

Ja mieszkalem w Lodzi i chetnie bym wpadl do krakowa boxsterem jak by sie dalo...

Niech dobre lozyska beda z wami!!

Wondering who is using google translator here... Hmm...

PaulDash 10-04-2013 01:26 PM

Some pictures as proof.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1380921938.jpg
http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1380921954.jpg

peterek 10-04-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulDash (Post 366267)

Now show it from the angle where we can see polish plates;)