986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   How many would ... sell Boxster & buy Boxster S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/48135-how-many-would-sell-boxster-buy-boxster-s.html)

Ian c 09-07-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKnowles (Post 360803)
After learing more about the Boxster I'm considering selling my 19999 Boxster with 76K miles and buying a low milage Boxster S. How many of you would do the same?

the current boxster (2.7 tip) was ALLWAYS going to be sold and upgraded continually until I owned a 981 pdk S .
IMHO the ultimate boxster .

This 03 is A great car with everything the earlier cars had , but with a few more refinements such as glass rear screen and glovebox and looking prettier etc.

If this meant driving a 986 S that was older , yet had more "bargaining power" , it would not bother me .
They are all fun cars and age or spec did not bother me.
I would enjoy it while it lasted but it was a means to an end ....

Until I insured this one for 2 people ...
She fell in love with it ... And now everything is on hold while she is in the "honeymoon period" with the car .

Am I bothered ??
HELL NO !!!

What a great car to be stuck with :D

I would not be bothered in the slightest if she decided she wanted to keep it forever .

seawind 09-08-2013 12:39 AM

Had my 2001 2.7 for three months. 7,000 miles later - well, you can see a pry bar is necessary to get me out. Bought with 125,000; have 132,000 today. Drove in the mountains between 4,000ft to 6,000ft+ elevation for hours on end for two days covering 970 miles through the Gold Country and Mt. Lassen in California. High revs with incredibly fantastic power band between 4000 - 6000 rpm (odd how that matches up) in the two primary gears of 3rd and 4th. All day long ... Looking at the S, and having test drove one, the power is in a much smaller range, only about 1,000 rpm. On the track (used to race motocross) tight power is fine to win. On the road, gotta love the 2.7 and 5 speed!

johnappleby 09-08-2013 06:48 AM

We have the plain MY2003 2.7 986 and we love it. One of the reasons I love it is that my partner can have a heavy right foot, and the 2.7 is slightly underpowered and hard to unsettle. I do worry that an S would be backwards, off the road, in a few weeks.

Now, she wants a 911 and we are negotiating which one. I want her in a C4... due to aforementioned heavy right foot! Thoughts

J

recycledsixtie 09-08-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnappleby (Post 362051)
We have the plain MY2003 2.7 986 and we love it. One of the reasons I love it is that my partner can have a heavy right foot, and the 2.7 is slightly underpowered and hard to unsettle. I do worry that an S would be backwards, off the road, in a few weeks.

Now, she wants a 911 and we are negotiating which one. I want her in a C4... due to aforementioned heavy right foot! Thoughts

J

Interesting. Has she had any accidents? Is she a good driver? If she is over 21 yo she can do what she likes! Yep a C4 presumably with psm would be a good solution.
I have a 2001 Base boxster and find it has sufficient power. If I were you I would want to see her safe. I hope she is receptive to your suggestions!Yes and Porsche driving school lesson would be fun as a gift....