Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #1

Garage
Do WeatherTech 996 Custom Fit Mats fit 986?

Their site recommends the universal 'trim it yourself' mats for a 986, but they have custom fit (Pre molded) ones for the 996. Is there a difference? I always thought that they were the same from the seats forward....

2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:30 AM   #2

I had WeatherTech All Weather mats in my 2002 Boxster S, they fit fine.

Strangely enough, when I ordered a set for my 1996 911 they fit HORRIBLY! They were indeed available through the matrix where you choose model / year, looks like they still are. When I got them and put in the car I sent WeatherTech an email regarding their poor fit, they responded to send them a picture which I promptly did.

Two weeks go by without a response, resent email with pics to customer service and copied their president David MacNeil on it. No response from that either which REALLY burned me since Mr. MacNeil seems quite adept at preaching his values through their ads, made me nauseous.

For whatever reason about a year later I was cleaning out the interior of the 911 and got worked up all over again regarding WT's handling of my complaint. Shot off another email to them copying the BBB and our state AG (like he really wanted to get involved lol) out of frustration. About a week later they refunded my Paypal for the set plus shipping.

Have since bought a set of Cocomats and couldn't be happier. Welcome To Cocomats.com
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #3

Garage
Thanks for the info coreseller, I'd go the cocomats route, but I drive year round, and want a set for the winter that is a little more durable -- my stock mats are still in excellent shape, I just want to keep them that way.
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003S View Post
Thanks for the info coreseller, I'd go the cocomats route, but I drive year round, and want a set for the winter that is a little more durable -- my stock mats are still in excellent shape, I just want to keep them that way.
Can't argue with that. Year round in Chicago definitely warrants rubber mats. I would think the 996 mats would work fine, it is the same interior.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote