986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Denison Ice Link plus I Pod Adapter (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/4801-denison-ice-link-plus-i-pod-adapter.html)

willche 01-17-2006 04:02 PM

Denison Ice Link plus I Pod Adapter

Does anyone have this installed in their Box?
I have a 2002 Box S and have and IPod 30G/Video, CDR220 with 6 disc CD changer.
I read the thread on Ipod Nano but was curious about the Denison icelink plus ipod adapter which is hard wired to the radio or something like that. Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I can't stand FM transmitter.
Thanks

QporscheQ 01-17-2006 07:15 PM

I have it.

The sound quality is what you would expect from a CD changer. It will also let the radio control the iPod, but since there aren’t steering wheel controls in the Boxster this is not a super important feature IMO. You can turn off the radio control and just handle the controls like normal. Thats usually how I do it.

It was a pain to install it properly since the directions were horrible and forgot to mention that you needed to hook up a few wires. I guess they just assumed I knew what I was doing. Haha, big mistake.

Overall I think it was kind of expensive and if I had to do it again, I would just get the $20 cable from Becker. Its still a cool little gadget and all my friends think its awesome the way it works from the radio.

willche 01-19-2006 01:55 PM

Thanks for the info, another question - if I do the Becker cable, how about sound? I thought if its hard wired through the audio, the sound would be better.

Perfectlap 01-19-2006 04:43 PM

Sound is fine. Turn up the volume completely on the Ipod and then adjust the volume level from the CDR220. Its no different then pluging your Ipod into a set of surround sound speakers at home. you aren't using an FM frequency or a ****************ty tape deck adaptor like those old ones people used on portable CD players way back when.

WoBoxster 01-19-2006 05:00 PM

I was at Best Buy the other day looking at the Ice Link and they didn't have one for Porsche? Where did you find yours?

willche 01-20-2006 07:52 AM

Thanks for responses. The Dension IceLink Plus - i didn't see it at any retail box chain audio places, only on line at their web site. I think I may try the Becker. BTW will I need the audio/radio clip to remove the radio and do the wires. Obviously a novice and a chic though I do have the Bentley Service Manual on hand :) . I have the FM/monster hook up in my work car and sounds not very good. Where can I get the Becker cable - I will search on line too.