Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Doc

Question for those who have replaced their control arms

Hello,

I am in the process of redoing my 986S's suspension. I'm installing the ROW M030 package, and am replacing everything else that looks worn.

That's where my question comes in: the front control arm that looks like a fork (996-341-043-06; only has one bearing on one side, the other side is a two-pronged fork) looks good to the naked eye. The bearing moves smoothly, the boots are perfect etc. So I'm debating to replace or not.

Those that have seen/handled a NEW one of these: does the bearing move with finger pressure, or are the new ones much stiffer?

Thanks much!

Gary

Fluellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #2

You are right about asking yourself RE fixing what's not broken.

But it depends in this context. Are you restoring the suspension system of the car or just fancy having some new M30 bouncing up/down effects? If a restoration then you'll need to change all the parts linked to the system.

Beside, your CAs are shot already believe me.... just not begging yet

madmods is offline   Reply With Quote