986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Ims picket brumos ! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/47745-ims-picket-brumos.html)

nicecar 08-13-2013 05:00 PM

Ims picket brumos !

I passed buy brumos to see it being picketed. The sign said something about blown motor and another about porsche vs. veterans (they are flying wounded warrior flag). I stop to talk to him and ask if it was ims he said yes. Get this....he buys an 03 base 31000 miles in DEC 2012 from private owner who produced service records for duration of ownership for 19.5k. 32, 800 miles on the car in the parking lot 10mph all kind 0F chatter in the bell housing, car goes down. The guy doesnt want 25% he wants a new motor so he chooses brumos to picket in front of and has been there for 3 WEEKS,fully ready to stay 6 months. He told me he picketed nationwide ins. and someone else and they caved in WILL PORSCHE ? hurley came out the first 2 hours and told him he supports veterns trying to make him feel guilty he returns the next day with a sighn proclaiming how porsche dissed him... a veteren as well. Then the g.m. comes out to tell him that employess are losing pay because of him and how many homeless people walk buy and how DANGEROUS IT CAN BE. later that day he drives in front of him and stomps on it, the guy said if he was a hair in the road he would of been hit. about 50 people have stopped to talk to him, not all ims but the staff stands and takes pictures the whole time and stares. man youd think theyd fix our cars. i bought my 02 s from them 5000 within 60 days 1200 for clutch i asked about the berring the (he) said what ims i said shaft he said oh i havent seen a problem then said "cosmetically its a beautiful car....new clutch NO BEARING 90K MILES brumos PORSCHE GO FIGURE...No wonder jake has no faith in porsche...such a shame because i love the car and porsche is coming off as cheap not stand behind your product company..not much empathy for brumos because they really are arrogant...but hurley and the gm are very nice. I will see how long he lasts and keep u posted if possible THIS FORUM AND PERFECT LAP HAVE BEEN LIFESAVERS FOR ME IN THE PAST FOR ALL NEW READERS

trimer 08-13-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicecar (Post 357260)
I passed buy brumos to see it being picketed. The sign said something about blown motor and another about porsche vs. veterans (they are flying wounded warrior flag). I stop to talk to him and ask if it was ims he said yes. Get this....he buys an 03 base 31000 miles in DEC 2012 from private owner who produced service records for duration of ownership for 19.5k. 32, 800 miles on the car in the parking lot 10mph all kind 0F chatter in the bell housing, car goes down. The guy doesnt want 25% he wants a new motor so he chooses brumos to picket in front of and has been there for 3 WEEKS,fully ready to stay 6 months. He told me he picketed nationwide ins. and someone else and they caved in WILL PORSCHE ? hurley came out the first 2 hours and told him he supports veterns trying to make him feel guilty he returns the next day with a sighn proclaiming how porsche dissed him... a veteren as well. Then the g.m. comes out to tell him that employess are losing pay because of him and how many homeless people walk buy and how DANGEROUS IT CAN BE. later that day he drives in front of him and stomps on it, the guy said if he was a hair in the road he would of been hit. about 50 people have stopped to talk to him, not all ims but the staff stands and takes pictures the whole time and stares. man youd think theyd fix our cars. i bought my 02 s from them 5000 within 60 days 1200 for clutch i asked about the berring the (he) said what ims i said shaft he said oh i havent seen a problem then said "cosmetically its a beautiful car....new clutch NO BEARING 90K MILES brumos PORSCHE GO FIGURE...No wonder jake has no faith in porsche...such a shame because i love the car and porsche is coming off as cheap not stand behind your product company..not much empathy for brumos because they really are arrogant...but hurley and the gm are very nice. I will see how long he lasts and keep u posted if possible THIS FORUM AND PERFECT LAP HAVE BEEN LIFESAVERS FOR ME IN THE PAST FOR ALL NEW READERS

Where are you in Florida. I live 25 minutes from Brumos and take my car there...but never for anything major. Hurley drove my car during test run in Gainesville with PO. Where are you located?

Deserion 08-13-2013 05:46 PM

From my exchanges with Hurley, he's been a nice guy. Anyway.

The guy buys a 10-year old Porsche. Should it have IMS issues? No.

Is Porsche obligated to assist him at this point? No way (but it would be nice if they did). We all know IMS has a potential to be an issue.

Is Brumos obligated? Hell no. If he didn't have any dealings with Brumos then why is he picketing them? :rolleyes:

That's like if I started picketing Brumos over my fuel pump issues. They had nothing to do with my car, at all. Now, my dealings with Brumos have been very good, and their parts department has been superb (took back two failed fuel pumps I purchased). I think their cost of ~$300 for an oil change is absurd but their parts prices are fair.

nicecar 08-13-2013 06:14 PM

picketing reason

i told him it is not brumos he agreed. he choose them for the exposure...to turn up the heat on porsche. same parts from pelican much less. brumos sent me a post card for 118 dollars for oil change..still go to omega steve wouldnt charge me last time because i bring him cigars and canned italian tomatoes for his wife. cant tell you how many times he wouldnt work on the car, just thought it unnessesary,he was at brumos 12 yrs. his right hand man 10. recently brumos current master mech. left and opened across the street. boy ive heard some stories and have a heck of a nightmare of my own from brumos however uninformed people like myself should not buy used porsche without doing homework or ppi or expierienced test drivers.

LIVE AND LEARN AND BRING YOUR WALLET

nicecar 08-13-2013 07:00 PM

Neptune beach

i am in Neptune bch. 12 miles from Brumos

southernstar 08-14-2013 04:10 AM

Sorry, if Porsche owned the dealership or if they had sold him the car, then his protest would make some sense. However, since Brumos had no involvement with either him or the car, he is unfairly giving a privately owned dealership a bad reputation for something outside of their control. I can virtually guarantee that most passersby will think that he is complaining about his treatment by Brumos directly and Porsche only indirectly. He should move on.

Brad

trimer 08-14-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicecar (Post 357279)
i am in Neptune bch. 12 miles from Brumos

If you ever wish to meet up for a cruise...let me know! Deserion is local as well!

Perfectlap 08-14-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicecar (Post 357275)
..still go to omega steve wouldnt charge me last time because i bring him cigars and canned italian tomatoes for his wife.

San Marzano's? Are you from Italy?

Chuck W. 08-14-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernstar (Post 357310)
Sorry, if Porsche owned the dealership or if they had sold him the car, then his protest would make some sense. However, since Brumos had no involvement with either him or the car, he is unfairly giving a privately owned dealership a bad reputation for something outside of their control. I can virtually guarantee that most passersby will think that he is complaining about his treatment by Brumos directly and Porsche only indirectly. He should move on.

Brad

Brad hit the nail on the head. This guy should pack his bags and go 370 miles north to Porsche Cars North America in Atlanta, Ga.

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=17pmHiW" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

http://www.porscheconsulting.com/fil...1-e252f711699e

southernstar 08-14-2013 08:41 AM

Wow, that is one ugly building - no wonder I haven't seen a picture of it before!

Brad

nicecar 08-14-2013 12:43 PM

san marzano

san marzano "style" tomatoes not quite as good but still a great tomato. yes on the 100% eyetalian oh by the way e or no e on tomatoeeeeeeeeeee who was it dan quail with the e on potatoe ? worked as chef 20 yrs. broker italian food 4 out of long island CREMOSA 02 s has what stle bearing.... perfect lap?

Perfectlap 08-14-2013 01:09 PM

I know many Neopolitan's in the food industry. I like that you type the way you actually talk.
As a food broker you must know the Roma foods guys and their indoor railroad pretty well.
I was also lucky to be at cycling camp with a professional racing team in Rome, Naples and Molise so I too know the difference of getting the 'real deal' San Marzano's. The Nina's from Costco aren't terrible for $5 and that big as hell can. Better than buying tomatoes from here.

I have an early 2000 build so I lucked out with getting the dual row bearing from the factory. It came out of the car nearly perfect, no play, looked good as new. but we replaced it with the LNE dual row anway. I only wish I did the exchange sooner, I ended up riding the clutch too long which ended up burning the flywheel and that added another $1K or whatever to the $2K clutch/ims/rms repair. Another reason not to wait too long to replace the IMS bearing.

2002 S most likely has a single row bearing. Upgrading that bearing is cheap if you go with the Pelican bearing but its not permanent. I think its not supposed to stay in for more than 50K miles. Or you can do the LNE Solution that never has to be done again but that's at least $2K in parts probably another $1K in labor. You may have to check availability though, sounds like doing the permanent repair is more popular.

nicecar 08-14-2013 04:49 PM

Another sleepless night ims

change every 50k ? to my knowledge mine has never been changed...113454 miles mmmmmmmmmmm better drive extra hard and make sure i move the oil around extra good. PERFECT LAP its refreshing to find someone who is so candid about mistakes made, roma is strong but different now ,got swallowed up by pfg a subsidiery of vistar second only to sysco........for now. just like a good car is nice but a good driver is hard to beat in anything (like LONG now winning for ferrari ) a good cook can use a good tomato great. just like an ocenfront restaurants view makes bad food good. TELL ME WHAT YOU EAT AND ILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU ARE

Johnny Danger 08-14-2013 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can send in some reinforcements if needed ?

LAP1DOUG 08-14-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck W. (Post 357329)
Brad hit the nail on the head. This guy should pack his bags and go 370 miles north to Porsche Cars North America in Atlanta, Ga.
http://www.porscheconsulting.com/fil...1-e252f711699e

Off topic, but that is now their temporary HQ while they are building a new place complete with test track near the Atlanta Airport. The bad part is they are moving from a very nice area of town to an awful area.

stephen wilson 08-15-2013 03:14 AM

Perfect, are you dissing 'Jersey Tomatoes? Everyone I know in the Tri-state area anxiously awaits fresh NJ Tomatoes every Summer.

Perfectlap 08-15-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen wilson (Post 357474)
Perfect, are you dissing 'Jersey Tomatoes? Everyone I know in the Tri-state area anxiously awaits fresh NJ Tomatoes every Summer.

They are great in salads, tacos or sandwiches but they are not fibrous enough for the high heat of cooking. The Cento San Marzano's (certified I think) from Fairway Market are the way to go. I'm sure they have a lot more lycopene as well, that's good for people who have heart conditions or don't want any. The imported stuff from Italy has a much deeper red color. I know the chef at Portofino in Colt's Neck he only uses the imported (in huge cans, no pre-made sauces,all made to order), he also flys in fish from Italy every week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicecar (Post 357426)
change every 50k ? to my knowledge mine has never been changed...113454 miles mmmmmmmmmmm better drive extra hard and make sure i move the oil around extra good.

I would change it soon. A bearing isn't meant to last forever. And this is the most important one. At least you don't have a 2006-2008 Boxster IMS bearing. Those are not nearly as easy to replace (when their time is up). You have to take out the engine. $$$$$. 1997-2004 is an easy job.

stephen wilson 08-15-2013 08:34 AM

Ah, that makes sense. You can tell I'm not much of a cook!