Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
Mobile Porsche Surgeon

Yes I would buy a 2014 Porsche Boxster

Last June I participated in the porsche world roadshow at the Texas motor speedway. The event is a nationwide performance test drive put on by porsche and the famed" Porsche Sport Driving School". The whole experience was truly unbelievable, and it is all free for the asking. Everything was first rate, but would you expect anything less from the greatest sport car company in the world.

The vehicles that we drive were the Porsche 911 Carrera 4, the 911 Carrera 4 S, the Cayman, the Cayman S, the Panamera S, the Panamera S E-Hybrid, the Cayenne and the Cayenne Diesel. All of these vehicles were exquisite to drive. After a briefing by members of the Porsche Sport Driving School we were let out onto the racetrack. During the test drives I have never been told to press the gas pedal all the way down. It is quite the trill on a racetrack to be accelerating then told press the brakes hard only a few meters from the first corner. With the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) and Porsches 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung transmission ( PDK) the cars made up for my lack of driving skill.

More at MIKE'S SPECIALTY AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE****Specializing in Porsche, IMS bearing installation, basic repairs, oil changes, diagnostics, tutorials, ****mods and much more. - Porsche Blog

http://www.mikesspecialtyautomotiveservice.com/index.html
Early 1996 / 97 Boxster, 130 k, De snorkeled, IMS, Top Speed Headers.
kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote