986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Jerry Seinfeld trivia (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/4760-jerry-seinfeld-trivia.html)

Adam 01-14-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbennett
I was told by the Porsche sellsman in Pasadena when I bought my Porsche that he owns/owned every production model ever made.

Even one of these babies?
http://media.racingflix.com/awais/pd/10.jpg

wombat7 01-14-2006 12:41 PM

Yup Jerry does own a 959. One of only 200 made, but he cannot drive it as it is not street legal in the US...

What was the real name of the girl he called Mulva, and what were the two nicknames that Jerry mentions in that episode?

rbennett 01-14-2006 02:22 PM

What was Krammer wanting to borrow when Jerry said:

"I think your boys should stay in their own neigborhood"

rbennett 01-14-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam

I'm sure he does, I know Bill Gates and Paul Allen own one. They even bought 2 extra so the feds could smash them into a wall for collision tests and let them get their cars out of customs.

BTW: Nice pic!! It is now my wallpaper :)

wombat7 01-14-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

What was Krammer wanting to borrow when Jerry said:

"I think your boys should stay in their own neigborhood"

Jerry's bathing suit

wombat7 01-14-2006 02:38 PM

What does Kramer feed the horse that gives it gas? Bonus points if you can name the the horse

rbennett 01-14-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombat7
What does Kramer feed the horse that gives it gas? Bonus points if you can name the the horse

Chilly Beans and the horses name was Rusty :)

wombat7 01-14-2006 02:57 PM

you got the horses name right, but not the food...

rbennett 01-14-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

you got the horses name right, but not the food...

Slight offensive technicality, 5 yard penalty, repeat first down... whistle blow

It was Beef-A-Reeno

SoCal 01-14-2006 06:25 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...an74/dance.gif

lexuspilot 01-14-2006 08:11 PM

Jerry has a poster on his wall of a 911 getting air and it has a custom license plate. Porsche sent these out to all autoweek subscribers in like 1989. I don't know who else they sent them to, but the license plate is different on every poster, mine says Doug and my friends had his last name. we didn't order them they just showed up in the mail one day. For a young broke porsche addict too get a poster from Porsche of a 911 with your name on it was the bomb.

wombat7 01-14-2006 08:28 PM

its getting hard think of any that wouldn't be cross posts from the other forum but here goes...

In the Chinese food episode, Jerry and George tell Elaine that they will give her $50 to do what?

rbennett 01-14-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexuspilot
Jerry has a poster on his wall of a 911 getting air and it has a custom license plate. Porsche sent these out to all autoweek subscribers in like 1989. I don't know who else they sent them to, but the license plate is different on every poster, mine says Doug and my friends had his last name. we didn't order them they just showed up in the mail one day. For a young broke porsche addict too get a poster from Porsche of a 911 with your name on it was the bomb.

Here's what I did to impoive my clinical garage, order a very impressive Porsche calendar.

When you recieve it, tear each page out and frame it.

Hang each page on your garage wall, have a friend sign it, something like:

"Hang loose buddy, James Dean" or "Your the best Jerry Seinfeld"

Its good beer time conversation in your garage :)

Jimmy likes Porsche's

Regards
Jimmy

rbennett 01-14-2006 08:45 PM

Quote:

its getting hard think of any that wouldn't be cross posts from the other forum but here goes...

Why would this shock you???

The 986forum is one of the best Porsche destinations in the world for Boxsters, Rennlist is the best destinations for other than Boxsters.

There are over 50 million destinations on the internet and to think anyone would visit more than one site, well the nerve of them?? :)

wombat7, when will you graduate and whats your major???

wombat7 01-14-2006 09:20 PM

I graduate in November and my degree is in Computer Engineering... Hopefully I will be in a Boxster S, used of course, by December or January ;)

MNBoxster 01-15-2006 06:26 AM

Quote:

I'm sure he does, I know Bill Gates and Paul Allen own one. They even bought 2 extra so the feds could smash them into a wall for collision tests and let them get their cars out of customs.

BTW: Nice pic!! It is now my wallpaper :)

Hi,

Interesting bit of Urban Legend, but do you have a credible source for this..??

Gates did indeed buy a 959 back in 1989. When unable to import it, he stored it for 2 years and then bought a Chateau in France just outside Paris and had the Car moved there which he drove everytime he visited. Paul Allen also bought a 959, also stored it.

In 1998, Both Cars were imported to this Country by Porsche Tuner, Driver and Enthusiast - Bruce Canepa. The Cars were refitted with Motec OBD compliant ECU, as opposed to Bosch Motronic (incapable of reading 0² sensors), Catalytic Convertors and Airpump from 993TT, new Alternators, Oil Pumps and replacement of sequential Turbos with a pair of Ball bearing, Garrett Turbos in a Parallel set-up. Hp is up to 600 over the original 450, making them EPA compliant and were permitted under the DOT Show and Display Exemption.

This allows the Cars to be driven on the Street or the Track (ostensibly to/from Shows and Displays) up to 2,500 mi./yr.

Canepa has refitted 39 959's to date and received DOT S&D permits for each of them... Source: Sports Car International, Vol 150, Pg. 6, Sept. 2003 . Also see: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/quickies/1233872.cms . Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

rteichman 01-15-2006 07:07 AM

With all the outsourcing going on you will be lucky to afford a 20 year old american car. :(

Quote:

I graduate in November and my degree is in Computer Engineering... Hopefully I will be in a Boxster S, used of course, by December or January ;)

SoCal 01-15-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

In the Chinese food episode, Jerry and George tell Elaine that they will give her $50 to do what?

Go up to a table of oldsters and eat one of their eggrolls. (But only Jerry made the offer.)

Elaine tried to whisper that she would give them $25 for an eggroll, but they couldn't hear her and she chickened out.

wombat7 01-15-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rteichman
With all the outsourcing going on you will be lucky to afford a 20 year old american car. :(

That's why I'm working in motorsports and not computer engineering ;)

jamscal 01-15-2006 01:43 PM

Re: Gates and his 959

I remember reading a bio on him a few years back and it spoke of his 959 and how he drove it.

If I remember correctly, they got diplomatic plates for them and were thus allowed to drive them for one or two years...at which time the plates expired, and the cars were stored.

I don't know if they had to have someone else 'own' them to do this or not.

The bio also spoke of a swimming pool full of girls from deja vu :cheers:

Good times, I'm sure.

-James