986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   P1502 Car wont accelerate. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/47599-p1502-car-wont-accelerate.html)

Noahvel 08-08-2013 08:47 AM

P1502 Car wont accelerate.

Hello, a few days ago I took 2 fuses out of my car both for the alarm module, it didn't fix my problem so I put them back in and drove to my apartment. No problems.

The next day I turned on my car, started up fine. Then I tried to move, my car stalled out. I pushed the Throttle all the way to the ground and nothing happened, my engine speed stayed at idle and I have now trapped other people in the parking garage why I try and push my car to a close parking spot.

I ran an OBD2 even though no check engine light showed up and I got the code "P1502" which it says is a throttle jacking unit, I don't know what this is,or how to fix it.

I believe the fuses where B8 and C3 but I could be wrong.

Any help, or insight would be Greatly appreciated.

thom4782 08-08-2013 09:42 AM

1502 means the throttle return time is too long. Try clearing the throttle body unit throughly as a first step. Take a look at this thread:

Erratic Idle Code P1502 - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Forums

pcsbob 07-04-2019 10:58 AM

Angry 986 Boxster In Limp Mode
My 2000 Boxster roadster with 2.7 is in limp mode. I have a P1502 code

My generic scanner say is it is "fuel pump relay end stage. I have read where it is actually "jacking spring" issue
If I clear the code, the engine smooths out and runs correctly
I have removed the throttle body, cleaned it and reinstalled. Problem remains.
The problem remains even after installing another throttle body,
I cleared the codes, recalibrated the throttle body by turning on ignition for 60 seconds(without touching the gas pedal), turning ignition off for at least 10 seconds, then turning the ignition back on, P1502 code reappears

I would really appreciate any advice on how I can get back on the road!

-Is the throttle body the problem?
If not, where should I look?
If the TB is bad, is it OK to try a used one or an aftermarket TB

Thank you

Bob
Nashville, TN area

blue62 07-04-2019 02:00 PM

Delete post

JFP in PA 07-04-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcsbob (Post 598763)
Angry 986 Boxster In Limp Mode
My 2000 Boxster roadster with 2.7 is in limp mode. I have a P1502 code

My generic scanner say is it is "fuel pump relay end stage. I have read where it is actually "jacking spring" issue
If I clear the code, the engine smooths out and runs correctly
I have removed the throttle body, cleaned it and reinstalled. Problem remains.
The problem remains even after installing another throttle body,
I cleared the codes, recalibrated the throttle body by turning on ignition for 60 seconds(without touching the gas pedal), turning ignition off for at least 10 seconds, then turning the ignition back on, P1502 code reappears

I would really appreciate any advice on how I can get back on the road!

-Is the throttle body the problem?
If not, where should I look?
If the TB is bad, is it OK to try a used one or an aftermarket TB

Thank you

Bob
Nashville, TN area

Three possible issues:

Fuel pump relay faulty
Short circuit to B+
DME faulty

Check the fuel pump relay, if bad, replace
If relay OK, check wiring from DME to fuel pump relay for short circuit to B+; if shorted repair wiring harness, if OK you need a new DME.

Good luck...…..