986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Thoughts on Car (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/47528-thoughts-car.html)

Britus 08-04-2013 01:19 PM

Thoughts on Car

Looking for my first boxster, to be a weekend car only. Found one that looks to be in great shape 2002 29,600 miles they are asking just over $20,000 for it. It is an S with limited amount of options. From reading garage queens aren't the best way to go all the team, but if PPI comes back good, does the price seem fair?

Thanks

1olddude 08-04-2013 04:00 PM

Just sold my 02 S, 15000 miles, for 21k. Got what I wanted and the new owner felt like he got a good deal. Sounds like a fair price to me. My car was perfect inside and out.

Johnny Danger 08-04-2013 04:48 PM

Why buy a low mileage, well kept boxster, when you can buy a high mileage ********************box with tons of documented wear and tear, dents, scratches and a host of problems ? Yeah, pristine boxsters; especially garage queens are the wrong choice to make. The older and ****************tier they are - the better they are.

jacabean 08-04-2013 07:15 PM

There is nothing wrong with a pristine garage queen . People who tell you to avoid them just want them for themselves . Just keep an eye on the stupid ball bearing thingy

patssle 08-04-2013 07:16 PM

For the Texas market, around $20k sounds like a fair price. I paid $18k for my 45k mileage 2000 S back in February.

Steve Tinker 08-05-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger (Post 355639)
Why buy a low mileage, well kept boxster, when you can buy a high mileage ********************box with tons of documented wear and tear, dents, scratches and a host of problems ? Yeah, pristine boxsters; especially garage queens are the wrong choice to make. The older and ****************tier they are - the better they are.

Britus......
just ignore this fools outburst - he really doesn't belong to this establishment. He's just a mere interloper from the Honda Fartcan Forum.
The mods will probably ban him - again !!

Meat Head 08-05-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger (Post 355639)

LOL! My thoughts exactly! I love it when people try to say low mileage garage queens are not a good purchase. I understand there are a few things that need to be looked at with a low mileage Box but with high mileage everything will begin to wear out! When I first purchased my 98 Box with 27k miles on it a few of the yahoos on here had me believing my box was a ticking time bomb :eek:. After speaking with a few actual Porsche Mechanics, they said they would almost always purchase 30k or under car over a 70k+ car :D.

recycledsixtie 08-05-2013 05:01 AM

Yes Britus I bought my 2001 Box base with 30k miles. It was well looked after with minor problems. Got some more $$$ off asking price after having a PPI done. This PPI is $$$ well spent even if Box seems perfect. Accessories last longer if lower mileage car. If you are worried about the IMS either get it replaced or get the IMS Guardian. I did the latter. Enjoy....:)

jsceash 08-05-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britus (Post 355606)
Looking for my first boxster, to be a weekend car only. Found one that looks to be in great shape 2002 29,600 miles they are asking just over $20,000 for it. It is an S with limited amount of options. From reading garage queens aren't the best way to go all the team, but if PPI comes back good, does the price seem fair?

Thanks

If PPI is good and you check the KBB for you area sounds like an OK car. I'd probably do a search in Cars.com or autotrader.com to see what any comparable cars are selling for in a 200 mile radius from you as well.

Good Luck

jb92563 08-05-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britus (Post 355606)

Thanks

Weekend only car....Haaa....if you love to drive then we'll see about that.

I paid 14,5K for a pristine 2001 S with a few extra options like heated seats, On Board Computer and 55k mi.

20K seems at least 3K too high. I would offer 17K, but local supply/demand will ultimately govern the price.