Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #1

Any deals on extended warranties

After doing some research it appears that WarrantyDirect and EasyCare may be two reliable extended warranty providers.

Dealers will definitely negotiate the extended warranty price, but does anybody know of a source for a good price on an extended warranty if you buy a used boxster from a private party.

Also, what should be included in a pre-inspection service?

Thanks for any help / recommendations

JG986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #2

I went with Warranty Direct, but my car was still under factory warranty when I bought it so I can't help you out with the inspection.
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #3

WarrantyDirect Info

I don't have information as to where to purchase a warranty but when I bought my car earlier this year, the previous owner had just purchased an extended warranty through WarrantyDirect and so I had it transferred under my name. I don't remember the details but it was the "gold" plan (or whatever the premium option is) where there is no deductible and it covers everything except wear and tear (tires, oil changes, brakes, batteries, etc.).

The car being insured was a '01 Boxster with 28k miles. The warranty was for 4 years/75,000 miles. I believe this cost about $2300. If you're interested, I can look up the exact numbers for you if you think it will help your research.

When I purchased the car, the dealer performing the PPI noted that there was a small leak on the overhead cam but that the warranty should cover it. I brought it to the dealer after the purchase and they were able to fix it in a day without any hassle at all. The dealer was very knowledgable about the warranty and I had no problems whatsoever. It was a painless process but it was also a fairly minor problem that I had.

Hope that helps.

As an aside to the forum: I was wondering if we might be able to add a section in the forum for people to post their "bargains" so that others might be able to follow on. This way other owners can quickly see what others are paying for the products they're looking for. It's just a suggestion - I know that people here are pretty open with sharing when asked but it might help to consolidate some of the information that's already on the board.

Last edited by idjiot; 01-10-2006 at 03:20 PM.
idjiot is offline   Reply With Quote