986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Cats on the Cloth Top (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/4708-cats-cloth-top.html)

rbennett 01-08-2006 05:37 PM

Cats on the Cloth Top

Posted on antoher forum by me, but bears repeating

After finally purchasing my dream roadster, imagine my horror when opening the garage door one day and seeing my beloved cats (Bella and Monroe) enjoying a siesta on the top on my Porsche cloth top!!

Do I confront them and risk a “peel out” on the pristine paint job? Oooh the horror!!

Maybe they will find out a cloth top is a great job when it comes to sharpening their claws? More horror!!!!

With my wife at my side I did the political correct thing and told the kitties that it was not proper to sleep on daddies car and to find a more comfortable place to sleep.

The next day (fuming) I was talking to a co worker who is from Hong Kong about the kitty episode and he told me in Hong Kong, the way they kept Doves off the window sill was to place clear packing tape, sticky side up, on the window sill, and the doves would never visit that sill again.

Armed with that knowledge, the next night I eagerly awaited the bedtime of my wife, and Ooh Sooo quietly slipped into the garage and armed with clear packaging tape, I proceeded to place a toxic X across the cloth top of my Boxster’s cloth top, sticky side up no less.

The next morning when I woke up I went into the garage and low and behold, there was no tape on the top of my car!!!

No cat fur, no tape, no visible cats, nothing!! :)

Armed with the knowledge, that maybe the Hong Kong guy was right, I proceeded to start the Porsche and backing down the drive way I noticed a distinct ball of clear tape with large amounts of cat fur stuck to it,

I wondered what can this be (He He He)

To this day, I swear, if I put Bella or Monroe in my arms and walk towards my Boxster, they will absolutely shred me if I get within 5 feet of my Porsche.

PETA, please leave me alone, my kitties are fine, and we have a mutual understanding (Me and the kitties) of what is appropiate conduct between my Porsche and their expected behavior.

Regards

Tool Pants 01-08-2006 06:19 PM

I have/had 2 cats that sleep in the garage with the Box.

The few times the top was up there was a cat up there in the morning. They like high points.

So I covered the front trunk with masking tape so the sticky side faced up. In the morning I expected to find cat(s) wpraped around tape.

But all I saw was paw prints on the tape.