Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #1

2004 Boxster - Broken Plastic Headliner Retainer

I've been searching multiple web forums for about a month trying to find a plastic retainer that is sewn into the front of the headliner of my base 2004 Boxster. Although many people try helping with diagrams, none of them seem to match and the forums just end.

Does anyone seem to have an idea where I can get one? I have no issue getting the piece sewn into my headliner.

Thanks for all the help -

imamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #2

Garage
I've searched for that part too earlier this year. When I asked PelicanParts about it I was told that it's not a standalone part.

I ended up buying a whole headliner on Ebay and transfer it to my current headliner. It took a good 5 hours of work to undo/sew

Hope this helps
'04 Convertible top with glass window
herve_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #3

Somethings are just too easy. Contact Woody and he will fix you up. See the below link;

Oh, yeah.... welcome to the 986 forum. Tell us about your car.... and photos. We love photos.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/52469-parting-out-whole-lot-boxsters.html

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Somethings are just too easy. Contact Woody and he will fix you up. See the below link;

Oh, yeah.... welcome to the 986 forum. Tell us about your car.... and photos. We love photos.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/52469-parting-out-whole-lot-boxsters.html
My thanks to both of you! I sold my 1970 MG Midget two months ago and bought this 2004 Boxster Base off the same folks that did all the work on the Midget (engine rebuild, transmission replacement, etc...). They've stood behind the things I found after the purchase so its been a great time so far. It had 53k miles on it - nonsense, I'm driving this puppy!

- Ran into the "D" and "4" alternating blinking thing right after I bought it. They replaced the whole instrument cluster and got it programmed (correct mileage, to the radio) and haven't had an issue.

- clock spring is shot so they are ordering that now. You can hear the noise when rotating the wheel, airbag light is on, should be in this week.

- I'm replacing the Riken Raptor front tires with Continentals. I have the Continental Extreme's on the back which are terrific but I'm probably going to go with a quiet Continental Touring tire for the front. At 53 years old my racing days are over (not like I tore up the track in the MG Midget )

- bought the center wind deflector (missing when purchased) from Nationwide Auto Recycling in MA for $100. Nick was great to work with.

- bought Lloyd Northridge all weather floor mats from AutoAccesoriesGarage.com. Very good fit but the anchoring system doesn't quite fit. They don't slide at all so I'll keep them. Remember, I'm in Vermont, about one and a half hours from Montreal.

Thanks again for the help!

imamick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headliner , retainer