986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   I Need Advice! All Opinions Welcome (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/4688-i-need-advice-all-opinions-welcome.html)

TriGem2k 01-06-2006 02:45 PM

I Need Advice! All Opinions Welcome

I dont know which spoiler to go with....The pictures are below...Please give me your thoughts and why.

Thanks.
James

MNBoxster 01-06-2006 03:04 PM

Hi,

I voted for the Black one, but didn't really like either of them. They both look really RICEY to me. I think it ruins the lines of the Car. If I were younger, or lived in Cali, I might feel differently. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

olly986 01-06-2006 03:15 PM

gamballa makes really nice kits and that one looks good to me, don't like the rear wing on the red car just a little too high for me, by the way why all your cars have two black bumps one on each side of the registration plate they look so ugly

TriGem2k 01-06-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly986
gamballa makes really nice kits and that one looks good to me, don't like the rear wing on the red car just a little too high for me, by the way why all your cars have two black bumps one on each side of the registration plate they look so ugly

What two black bumps???

olly986 01-06-2006 03:29 PM

look at the red kit on each side of the rear registration plate, i have seen these bumps on other cars on this forum but not on the gamballa kit ,ie european car, do all your cars in the states have these bumps, my rear spoiler is smooth and round all the way

bmussatti 01-06-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly986
look at the red kit on each side of the rear registration plate, i have seen these bumps on other cars on this forum but not on the gamballa kit ,ie european car, do all your cars in the states have these bumps, my rear spoiler is smooth and round all the way

olly986, in the USA these bumperettes (black bumps) are required by law for added safety. On the 987, they are colored matched, so they are not as obvious.

I agree with you, they are not attractive when black. The black ones can be painted though to give a more updated look.

bmussatti 01-06-2006 03:47 PM

I disliked the balck one least. That's why I chose it. The red one is too high.

Speedster humps look great, don't they! I like the rear diffusers too.

olly986 01-06-2006 03:58 PM

thanks for the info, they are quite ugly alright, so how could you have the gamballa kit if these bumperettes have to be fitted to it too, it would take the rear look away, shame, how much do these kits cost in the states anyway?

creseida 01-06-2006 04:04 PM

c) none of the above.

Ghostrider 310 01-06-2006 04:21 PM

I like the Gemballa unit, the lower profile and shape looks smoother to my eye. The other wing reminds me too much of the old TV antenna on Limos.

BadBoyS 01-06-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310
I like the Gemballa unit, the lower profile and shape looks smoother to my eye. The other wing reminds me too much of the old TV antenna on Limos.

Go for the black one looks better and keeps the lines of the car.

Adam 01-06-2006 04:57 PM

Both are ugly. The only cool thing about either is the rear exhaust on the Gemballa and the rear diffuser on the red one that already comes standard on 03/04's.

Biz-z Z 01-06-2006 05:14 PM

I don't care for either. At first blush the Gemballa exhaust looks cool but after a while it looks like a cartoon space ship thing. Sorry, I guess that's what these tired old eye see.

docdyh 01-08-2006 05:18 AM

I don't know about others, but I am an "all original" guy..the only customization I like is factory..to some that is boring, but I see all the kids out there with two foot wings on their compact cars which makes me smile...I would go the factory aero kits..are others on this site anti aftermarket or am I old school?

docdyh
:dance:

mjw930 01-08-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdyh
I don't know about others, but I am an "all original" guy..the only customization I like is factory..to some that is boring, but I see all the kids out there with two foot wings on their compact cars which makes me smile...I would go the factory aero kits..are others on this site anti aftermarket or am I old school?

docdyh
:dance:

I'm with you on this, Rice should be reserved for Pacific Rim cars. (No insult intended, I just don't like the aero kits. Hell, I hated the "slope" nose 930's and I was young back then ;) )

rbennett 01-09-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docdyh
I don't know about others, but I am an "all original" guy..the only customization I like is factory..to some that is boring,

I'm with you on this also, I like the purity of original Porsche intentions when it comes to the Boxster.

Regards

threpwood 01-09-2006 10:40 PM

IMO both looks...terrible, but if you must choose between the two, my vote goes to the Aero Kit I (black one).

TriGem2k 01-10-2006 01:34 PM

Well here it is.......I DID NOT buy either....saw both on actual cars in front of me and neither really tickled my fancy.

Thanks for everyone’s opinions.

Just saved myself $450.00 + Paint + Install....