Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #1

Rough idle and hesitation when I blip throttle

So I did my AOS and cleaned my MAF a couple weeks ago. Car still hesitates when I blip the throttle and when I first start it. It wants to die. After it heats up it runs better but not perfect.
Here's a vid at idle when I blip it. Is that sound normal? I'm guessing it is. But I wanted to post it to get your opinions. When I blip it, that's when it hesitates etc.
Other than that, I'm not sure where to look next

[/URL]

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb439/Matt_Dutz-Doots/583A5219-6415-48EB-AE79-951A256CB4B1-7919-000004BF1E634F98.mp4

bmx672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #2

be sure to let us know when you find the cure.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #3

So today I was going to clean the throttle body... But first I disconnected the MAF to see if the idle was better. It was. So I thought then maybe it was a bad MAF and I didn't need to clean the TB. Upon inspecting the TB I saw that the ring/clamp from the airbox to the TB was completely loose! I mean all the way loose! Maybe that was the cause??? I cleaned the MAF again and tightened the loose clamp and the car seemed fine! Only time will tell though. I has been intermittent. Since replacing the AOS. I hope that the loose clamp was the main problem and my idle and throttle response stays good!

bmx672 is offline   Reply With Quote