Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #1

Front License Plate Removal Question

Hi once again to all the Boxster lovers and drivers out there, I have been happily motoring in my 2001 CPO Boxster for 2 months now.........My new plate just came in, My Boxster has license plate brackets in the front and back of the car, however in Louisiana only the back plate is required, so of course, I want to remove that front plate bracket, however upon initial inspection it appears that the front bracket is possible screwed into the front bumper some how, any idea of how I can remove this or am I looking at the set up wrong???????

joshua6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #2

Mine still has two white plastic 'anchors' in the bumper cover where the thing screws into.

They sell body-colored plugs to cover them, but I haven't gotten around to it. I'll take the anchors over the license plate bracket anyday.

-James
jamscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #3

Just unscrew the two screws and pull away from the car, my friend. You may want to buy some bumper plugs for the front, which are painted to match your car's color. That makes it look all pretty up there.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
bmussatti

joshua6060, check out the bumper plugs at www.bumperplugs.com
Old 01-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #5

How do I get the "acnchors" off the bumper? Thanks for the bumperplug website, I will order some today!!!!!!!!
joshua6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #6

Simply pull anchors straight off.

No offense, but you don't plan to do any mods to this car any time soon, do you? :dance:

If so, just consider it any other car and get busy. You'll do fine. Hey, if I can work on a Porsche ANYONE can. Just ask my wife.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 01-05-2006 at 03:29 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote