986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Can anyone suggest a good indy in atlanta? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/46649-can-anyone-suggest-good-indy-atlanta.html)

01SBox 06-26-2013 07:47 AM

Can anyone suggest a good indy in atlanta?

I'd like to get the clutch done, and have the ims upgrade in my new-to-me 03 S...Jake Raby would be my first choice, but he's a tad far out there, and I hear he's booked solid for the next 12 years.

Anyone have any suggestions for the metro atlanta area?

thanks

Perfectlap 06-26-2013 08:28 AM

I would call Jake Raby if you're still within driving distance. Maybe they can recommend a few things they might notice while they'r up in there.
If I lived in GA this would be a no-brainer. Or at least I'd check to see who they would send you to for the IMS Solution.

Camibox 06-26-2013 09:55 AM

Come on Mark....drive that car! Cleveland is only 2 hours from you with great roads. Long walk back though. Is yours a single row IMS? May make the drive worth it Mike

01SBox 06-26-2013 10:05 AM

I might have to wait a few months before I can see Jake...knowing my luck, the IMS will go the day before my appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camibox (Post 348959)
Come on Mark....drive that car! Cleveland is only 2 hours from you with great roads. Long walk back though. Is yours a single row IMS? May make the drive worth it Mike

LAP1DOUG 06-26-2013 04:11 PM

I always go to Franz Blam in Tucker (about 1 mile outside I-285 on the Northeast side of town) when I have something that is over my head, or I just don't have time to do myself. He is extremly knowledgeable on all Porsches new and old, and very fairly priced.

01SBox 06-27-2013 04:27 AM

thanks!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG (Post 349029)
I always go to Franz Blam in Tucker (about 1 mile outside I-285 on the Northeast side of town) when I have something that is over my head, or I just don't have time to do myself. He is extremly knowledgeable on all Porsches new and old, and very fairly priced.

Jake Raby 06-27-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01SBox (Post 348937)
I'd like to get the clutch done, and have the ims upgrade in my new-to-me 03 S...Jake Raby would be my first choice, but he's a tad far out there, and I hear he's booked solid for the next 12 years.

thanks

I have cars here from 2,700 miles away, so its never too far to travel for specialized work.

We have some "holes" in the schedule that are engineered in, we have a couple of those in the middle of July after we return from summer shutdown.

Our schedule for engine reconstruction may be booked solid 8 months in advance, but that schedule does not impact the other services that we offer as they have an entirely different schedule.

Quote:

Or at least I'd check to see who they would send you to for the IMS Solution.
We are the only IMS Solution Certified Installer in the entire southeast USA. We have kits on the shelf, as we invented and developed the technology from scratch. Last I heard our distributor was out of stock already (they lasted 2.5 weeks) and we won't be done with the next run for 16 weeks.

If you want the Solution, just come to the place where it was conceived.

01SBox 06-28-2013 01:58 AM

Believe me, Jake - your always my 1st choice! Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Raby (Post 349135)
I have cars here from 2,700 miles away, so its never too far to travel for specialized work.

We have some "holes" in the schedule that are engineered in, we have a couple of those in the middle of July after we return from summer shutdown.

Our schedule for engine reconstruction may be booked solid 8 months in advance, but that schedule does not impact the other services that we offer as they have an entirely different schedule.

We are the only IMS Solution Certified Installer in the entire southeast USA. We have kits on the shelf, as we invented and developed the technology from scratch. Last I heard our distributor was out of stock already (they lasted 2.5 weeks) and we won't be done with the next run for 16 weeks.

If you want the Solution, just come to the place where it was conceived.

DawgFan 06-28-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01SBox (Post 348937)

thanks

There is a Porsche shop in Cumming Georgia called Freed Performance. Sean Freed is the owner and has had extensive experience in working on P cars. Not only does he do repairs and service but he also builds race engines. His prices are very reasonable. Anyway, its Freed Performance, 6075 Parkway North Drive, Cumming, GA 30040. Phone number is 770-337-2211. Check him out at freedperfromance.com. I have used him several times and am completely satisfied with his work.