Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 08:03 AM   #1

Anyone here try Militec-1

I've been using it in my Porsche designed V-Rod for a while and it really works as advertised in that motor. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it in their motors.

http://www.militec.com/

Current Porsches:
2004 Cayenne Turbo
2003 Boxster S
Past Porsches:
1989 911 turbo
1981 911SC
1984 944
1973 914
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:55 AM   #2

Hi,

I'm always skeptical of any of these so-called Miracle Additives.

Rarely do they work as advertised, or they if they do, they merely add additional protection where none is needed or called for.

If using a quality Synthetic Motor Oil is sufficient to minimize wear or increase the Engine's Longevity, provided it is changed on a recommended schedule, does adding more really yield any usuable positive benefit?

It may work as advertised, but of course your comments are anecdotal at best and can only be substantiated after the Engine has reached it's designed Life-Expectancy.

I don't mean to be negative, but it sounds to me like a Solution looking for a Problem.

I believe it's unecessary, adds to the Maintenance Cost, and in that context, is not beneficial. Stick to using Mobil1 and changing it properly and you'll get as much Performance and Long Life as the Engine was designed to give. As always, just my humble $0.02...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #3

Jim,

I understand your skepticism and believe me, I'm on the same page BUT, I've had a motorcycle engine builder report that this stuff really seems to work as advertised. They have torn down a couple of motors using Militec for other, non-oil related failures and each time they have been amazed at the lack of wear in the valve train, wear that they were used to seeing with just Mobil 1 in the motor. BTW, this builder builds 200+ HP V-Rod motors, you know, the Harley motor that Porsche helped design.

I'm just looking to see if anyone has used this in their Boxster motors. I plan on adding it to mine on the next oil change, just looking for some other anecdotal evidence before I do.

Current Porsches:
2004 Cayenne Turbo
2003 Boxster S
Past Porsches:
1989 911 turbo
1981 911SC
1984 944
1973 914
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote