Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #1

101 Projects for your Boxster Book: Smartphone/Tablet/PC

If you have access to the Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet I highly recommend buying this book to keep with you on the go. Personally, I no longer buy books of any kind in hard cover. No digital version, no sale. If a book requires more page real estate than my phone will allow, like when working in the garage for instance, I simply go to my Samsung 10.1 tablet or bring the laptop into the garage.

What is also nice is that you can access the book on your desktop as well. One purchase (much cheaper than the hard cover price) allows you to access the book whenever you want from three different devices (phone,tablet,PC/Laptop).

As far as the book itself, this is a must own for this car. I recently dropped the car in for service and using the book's estimates for labor time and cost of parts for each common Boxster repair I was able to predict the invoice down to within $10 of the actual $2k invoice. The only gripe I have is that the TOC button does not pull up the chapter titles, only the page numbers which makes skipping around difficult.

So even if you're not a DIY'er its very handy if you're thinking about buying a Boxster or are bracing yourself for some big high mileage repairs on the horizon.

I see that a 996/997 version of this book is coming soon. I will definitely be checking that out too.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-20-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spellin
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #2

Garage
Good find!

Thanks.

boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote