986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Newly Acquired 2011 Boxster Spyder (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/46331-newly-acquired-2011-boxster-spyder.html)

DawgFan 06-06-2013 03:51 AM

Newly Acquired 2011 Boxster Spyder

Came across this amazing 2011 Boxster Sypder with only 1,400 miles on the odometer on Memorial Day. It was at my local Porsche dealer on the showroom floor. I could not believe my eyes when I actually saw it. It looked brand new and still had that aroma of fine leather. The body was flawless. Once my wife saw the interior color combination there was no stopping us. Needless to say we left the dealership that day with hugh grins on our faces. Options include: Carrera Red Natural Leather/Alcantara Sport Bucket Seats, Bi-Xenon Headlights, 7 Speed PDK, Sound Package Plus, Automatic Climate Control, Sport Chrono Package and Leather Steering Wheel w/Paddle shifters.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...y/DSC00661.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...y/DSC00663.jpg

jotoole 06-07-2013 02:51 AM

That is a beautiful car.
The photo stopped me in my tracks as scanned through the forum!

litespeedp 06-07-2013 02:54 AM

Tremendous looks! The color combo is the real deal for sure.The " natural" leather that they offer as an option is interesting.I think they have a Porsche specific conditioner available for it.Congrats.

DawgFan 06-07-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotoole (Post 346275)
That is a beautiful car.
The photo stopped me in my tracks as scanned through the forum!

Thank you. I stumbled across this Spyder on Memorial Day morning just surfing the internet. When I discovered it was at my local Porsche dealer I immediately jumped in my 08 Cayman S and headed for the dealer. There were no less than 5 people trying to buy this car but since I was already a customer of this dealership ( bought my Cayman S there in December 2011 ) they gave me the right of first refusal. Needless to say, I did not refuse and drove back home in the Spyder.

DawgFan 06-07-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litespeedp (Post 346276)
Tremendous looks! The color combo is the real deal for sure.The " natural" leather that they offer as an option is interesting.I think they have a Porsche specific conditioner available for it.Congrats.

Thanks for the heads up on the Porsche leather conditioner. When I saw the color combination on the dealers website, I knew I had to have it. My 08 Cayman S was Basalt Black Metallic so that was a no brainer and the Carrera Red Natural Leather was an added bonus. People just seem to love this color combination.

cfos 06-07-2013 05:21 PM

Nice car! I really like the look of these. How is the manual roof?

DawgFan 06-07-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfos (Post 346435)
Nice car! I really like the look of these. How is the manual roof?

It is really not a issue. It takes about five minutes to either install or remove the soft top. I especially like the way it looks. The roof adds to the mystic of this amazing roadster.

Izman1000 06-09-2013 03:13 AM

Hey DawgFan-

Dacula? Do you live in Hamilton Mill?

I'm a New Jersey guy, but lived in Georgia (specifically Hamilton Mill) for 7 years. Since there's not much else up in Dacula, the odds are pretty good:)

heliguy 06-09-2013 06:53 AM

I spent 2 months in Dacula last year. Beautiful Spyder...how is the roof in the rain?

Perfectlap 06-09-2013 07:54 AM

Red interiors are a common trait of those with great wisdom, many friends and excellent tastes.

DawgFan 06-09-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izman1000 (Post 346574)
Hey DawgFan-

Dacula? Do you live in Hamilton Mill?

I'm a New Jersey guy, but lived in Georgia (specifically Hamilton Mill) for 7 years. Since there's not much else up in Dacula, the odds are pretty good:)

As you are driving east on Highway 316 I make a right on Harbins Road. To the left would be Dacula Road and that direction would take you towards Hamilton Mill. About a 15 minute drive from my house.

DawgFan 06-09-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap (Post 346601)
Red interiors are a common trait of those with great wisdom, many friends and excellent tastes.

Thanks. I guess I did not realize how intelligent I actually am but now I know.

DawgFan 06-09-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heliguy (Post 346594)
I spent 2 months in Dacula last year. Beautiful Spyder...how is the roof in the rain?

No issues yet but I have not been caught in a gully washer yet. Hopefully I won't. What were you doing in Dacula?

heliguy 06-09-2013 12:02 PM

I was training at the airport for a Charter company.

Porsche Chick 06-09-2013 08:09 PM

LOVE that red interior! :) Awesome.

Please do me a favor and take the "Porsche" sticker off the sides, the new boxster is just boss and the lines are lost with those distracting stickers.

DawgFan 06-10-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porsche Chick (Post 346664)
LOVE that red interior! :) Awesome.

Please do me a favor and take the "Porsche" sticker off the sides, the new boxster is just boss and the lines are lost with those distracting stickers.

Thanks for your favorable comments on my Spyder. I hear you regarding the Porsche sticker on the side but I happen to like it. Sorry but I guess that's what makes the world go round.

heliguy 06-10-2013 04:58 AM

That sticker looks great, especially with the wheels. Have you tour about going black with the wheels? I'm thinking about adding black wheels and the sticker to my 03 Arctic Silver.