Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #1

Question Warm start problems

2000 Boxster S Tip

Hello,

my Boxster sometimes does not start when the engine is hot. Engine turns just fine, so the battery should be good. Once I let the car sit four a couple of minutes it usually starts again. It only happens when the car is warm/hot. I've cleaned the MAS and Throttle body with no effect on the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

JP

jpboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
bmussatti

How do your plugs look?

Bad fuel injector/dirty injectors?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
EE3racing

Vapor lock? I know in 1998 they had a recall on the gas cap not sure if it could be related.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #4

Stalling and won't start when warm

My car is doing the same thing. It was stalling the whole weekend during high noon and won't start until it cool down for couple hours. I bought it six mos ago 2000 Boxster. I changed spark plugs and fuel filter and still doing the same thing. I have no problem in early morning or night time. I called couple local shops and they said it's vapor lock, take it to the dealer.

JP - How is your car doing? Have you found a solution?
miketa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #5

just did the 90k service. still the same problem. what about lojack or porsche anti theft system???

JP
Old 11-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #6

found the problem: Crankshaft sensor was defective
Old 11-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #7

How much did this cost to diagnose/fix?
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #8

Rusnak Pasadena, CA - 1 day of work - $450

Good job.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #9

I would take a look at the Idle Valve
Brasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpboxster
2000 Boxster S Tip

Hello,

my Boxster sometimes does not start when the engine is hot. Engine turns just fine, so the battery should be good. Once I let the car sit four a couple of minutes it usually starts again. It only happens when the car is warm/hot. I've cleaned the MAS and Throttle body with no effect on the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

JP

I would take a look at the Idle Valve
Brasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #11

Hi to all>
I have boxter 2001 , and I am engoing every secend of it,
But lately, I have had 3 episodes of the car not starting at all after a drive. I haven't had any problems with it starting cold, but after a drive, whether long or short, the car would sometimes not start when turning the key. If the normal starting noise is "kchikchikchikchi.... vroooomm", then what I am getting is just "kchikchikchikchi......". As I tried repeatedly to start it, sometimes the car would appear to have started but would then stall straight away. The previous two episodes, I was able to get the car started after about ten minutes of doing nothing - of not trying to start it.

I find that the car would just ""kchikchikchikchi......" if I keep trying to start it. If I leave it for 5 minutes, and then try, it would "kchikchikchikchi...... vroom" but then stall straight away. If I leave it for long enough, it would start (the first two times at least). The third episode happened mid-night tonight. I couldn't get it started at all despite leaving it alone for 30minutes at a time.I am very frustrated.can some one HELP me please.

ESSI is offline   Reply With Quote