Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 10:21 AM   #1

How to install new hood badge?

Well, I got my new badge after the last one flew off. Got the gasket and the two little metal things, too, but I didn't get any instructions. Anybody install a new badge before?

Old 12-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #2

This might help : http://www.ppbb.com/boards/ppbbphp/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ARCHIVES&Number=703080&page=17&view=collapsed&sb=7&o=&fpart=1
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogans7
Well, I got my new badge after the last one flew off. Got the gasket and the two little metal things, too, but I didn't get any instructions. Anybody install a new badge before?
Hi,

Easy... Place the Badge in the Rubber Gasket ensuring that the Gasket Wraps around all sides. Then, open the boot and place the Badge pins through the two holes in the hood. Now, with an 8mm Nutdriver (works best) or an 8mm socket on an extention - no need for the Handle, place the nuts in tyhe Nutdriver/socket and while holding the badg, carefully insert the Nutdriver/socket with the nut in it into the hole on the underside until you feel it contacting the threaded pin on the Badge. Then tighten them on. While not drawn up, make sure badge is oriented correctly then tighten the nuts (Righty-Tighty ), but not too tight, finger tight is sufficient. Tighter and you risk bending the sheet metal nuts and you'll lose the Badge again - just tight enough to be secure. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:30 PM   #4
bmussatti

slogans&, what color badge did you go with? Gold or silver?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #5

I got gold, although I had no idea which one I was ordering (from 986online.com) since there was no photo nor description of the color. Blind faith, I guess.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #6

I just got a replacement silver-plated badge from Wheel Enhancement, and Dave Martin of WE was very helpful in installing it for me. He used something that looked like dabs of plumber's putty to act as washers. Maybe some type of silicate that won't harden. Very professional job.

If you want to find out the details, you could call Dave (www.wheelenhancement.com) and ask.
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:30 AM   #7

Thanks. The first order of business for me is to get the old nuts out of the hood. While the badge flew off, the parts in the hood remain.