986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   New 981cs on Speed Channel (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/45770-new-981cs-speed-channel.html)

SBD 05-14-2013 07:56 AM

New 981cs on Speed Channel

Show is called King of the Curve. King of the Curve
I've been a long time member and owner of various 986's and 987's.
I entered this contest and it was quite a rare experience. The show is more of a contest than a review on new Cayman. It handles very well. It actually has throttle lift oversteer and no understeer compared to previous years. We had to keep psm on for show.(they did not want us sliding around. I drove a PDK 981 on sat in an autox and the torque is gt3 esq. Really pulls hard from 2nd to 3rd. With some good rubber this car could do serious damage to a 996 gt3.

link has a brief write on the experience
PCA SDR • View topic - Code of the Curve

fatmike 05-14-2013 09:40 AM

I think the 981 CS is inevitable for me.

/

tanque55 05-14-2013 12:31 PM

What is the PDK experience like? Your opinión as far as driving experience. Do you leave it auto mode and blip for overtaking or down shifting? I know when I'm in town I wouldn't mind having an auto, but it always seemed to me like it would be almost be like having an automatic on a motorcycle (sacrilege).

southernstar 05-14-2013 12:34 PM

Hey SBD, actually saw the show on the Speed channel a couple of nights ago. Were you one of the finalists? If so, good work!

Brad

SBD 05-15-2013 07:34 AM

Yes, I was on the winning Rayal Team.
PDK is effortless, we drove with it in auto mode and it did everything for you. Just drive it hard. I drove one lap in a new 981 Boxster on Sunday at local autox and it went to first gear on a tight corner and stayed there longer than I would have- Just a little to much torque. Knowing that, I would shift next time. I did not use the paddles. Thats next..

Next wed at auto club speedway I am getting trained by porsche on how to instruct in the new 911's and 981's and how to use the new technology . We then head out to the track for the rest of the day. YES!

southernstar 05-15-2013 08:32 AM

Well, congrats are in order then! And for those who did not watch the show, I should correct your typo - its 'Rahal' team, as in Bobby's son Graham. Looked as if you did a very fast run on the autocross segment, although they did not show the comparative individual times. Anyway, I am truly envious about that and your upcoming training and track day!

Brad

Homeboy981 05-15-2013 09:34 AM

So SBD….which one are you and what color is your car? Got a garage pic or something to help ID the car and driver….so we can follow you!

Congrats! It's GOOD to be the King!

southernstar 05-15-2013 10:32 AM

Hoemboy, it won't be hard to figure out if you watch it. Each team has a professional driver (in his case, Graham Rahal), an actor/celebrity and an amateur/Porsche enthusiast. The amateurs had to win a run-off in Vegas in order to get to the 'show', so to speak (although a portion of the program is spent on the Vegas run-off).