Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Herr Geschwindigkeit

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to silentfrosty
986 Driver's side window won't go up

I've searched and searched, can't find this issue.. unless I'm searching for the wrong thing.

I went to put my drivers side window down in my 1997 986 today and it went all the way down without stopping, even with me pushing up on the button while it was going down. Now, it is stuck in the down position, and I can hear a clicking noise when I push down on the button, but hear nothing when pushing up.

The passenger side window works fine, and I switched plugs on the switches to see if that was the issue, but it wasn't.

This happened a few days ago when it was raining and from giving the middle of the door a few love taps the window started working again. Today that isn't working.

If anyone could give any insight or "quick fix" for this, that would be awesome. We are in the middle of a tornado watch so its about to start storming. For now I have a garbage bag taped to it and am hoping it holds up with this wind. I don't have a garage here or at home (apartment building), so I'm trying to fix it asap.

Thanks.

Edit- and its a torrential downpour outside now. Bag seems to be holding for now

Last edited by silentfrosty; 04-18-2013 at 10:02 AM.
silentfrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #2

window regulator?

You don't need a garbage bag to keep it from getting wet. Just open the top, then the window being open won't matter...

/
Old 04-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #3

Smile same window issue

any fixes on your window ?

heavyevy is offline   Reply With Quote