986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   What is the approximate lead time for a boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/4481-what-approximate-lead-time-boxster.html)

luxury1 12-09-2005 05:15 PM

What is the approximate lead time for a boxster

I was looking around my local showroom and saw that all of the boxsters had equipment that I simply don't care about. Besides color preferences the only thing I really care about is HID's and the windstop and I don't want to pay for equipment that is meanless to me. Thus I am thinking about ordering one but wondered what the estimated lead time is for this vehicle??? I live in the Northeast so I am shooting for spring (May-June) for delivery. Thanks!

bmussatti 12-09-2005 05:38 PM

I don't think that will be one bit of trouble. If you want a Boxster by May/June you are looking at an April/May shipping date, with a car that was produced in March/April. You just need to find a dealer with an open March/April allocation.

You should e-mail 15-20 Porsche dealers in your area with your requirements (price and options) and work with the best deal.

I agree with you too, a lot of cars come in with stuff that you might not really want to purchase (pay for).

Good luck!

bmussatti 12-09-2005 05:42 PM

Oh one more thing, there are 12 Porsche dealers in OH and another 10 in PA. I know a great guy to work with in Dayton, OH. Send me a PM if you have any questions about them.

luxury1 12-10-2005 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
I don't think that will be one bit of trouble. If you want a Boxster by May/June you are looking at an April/May shipping date, with a car that was produced in March/April. You just need to find a dealer with an open March/April allocation.

You should e-mail 15-20 Porsche dealers in your area with your requirements (price and options) and work with the best deal.

I agree with you too, a lot of cars come in with stuff that you might not really want to purchase (pay for).

Good luck!

Thanks Bmussatti!!!

MikenOH 12-10-2005 12:17 PM

Our '06' was ordered...

9/2; built 10/14 and delivered to the dealer 11/14.

What color were you looking for?

cfos 12-13-2005 11:27 AM

It definately varies by dealer allocation: 9/5 order, build date 12/20, shipping due in January, hopefully.

luxury1 12-13-2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikenOH
9/2; built 10/14 and delivered to the dealer 11/14.

What color were you looking for?

Probably Red

MikenOH 12-13-2005 01:57 PM

Good choice-- so is ours.

Two local dealers have GR/Bk base cars in stock the last time I checked--Freddy Baker in Bedford and Cascade in Cuyahoga falls. BTW, Cascade has been sitting on that car since August. Both had stickers around 52K

I think Baker had a 05 AS/Bk base for around $40k--not many options.