Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #1

Fuel Injector removal

I'm going to try to remove the fuel injectors (for the first time) and have them sent in to be tested and cleaned. I was reading Pelican's article on the removal of the injector but came across one thing...
I have a 2002, and said article has stated that Porsche moved the fuel filter to the gas tank. In order to remove the injectors it's recommended to remove the fuse for the fuel pump and start the car 2-3 times (which will turn over and die) so it can drain excess fuel out the system.

I am unsure if the fuse for the fuel pump is unable to be reached on my car because of this move, and if it is, when I attempt to remove the fuel injector I will be nervous of a big fuel spillage. I need to know if I am able to do this without a big spillage.

Does anybody have experience with this whole process?

Jbocio is offline   Reply With Quote